What readers ACTUALLY want?

I have seen so many complaints about clichés in stories and seeing the same storylines over and over. What do you as a reader ACTUALLY want to read about?

4 Likes

I, personally, would like to read more narratives about how men overcome their issues or how toxic masculinity leeches into their lives and it impacts them negatively. I want to read about them overcoming these toxic mindsets. I want to read about how a man deals with sexual assault, abuse, trauma, mental illness, etc.

11 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

More diversity within Episode stories, people with disabilities, mental illnesses, and male Mc’s.

3 Likes

Something meaningful, like as soon as I’m done I’ll be like damn that story…no I swear there is something in my eye.

3 Likes

I want more POC MC and stories based on being an adult. Give me a good fantasy story without a werewolf and Vampire.

5 Likes

Love Island(Dating show ) with gender customization would be dope :heart_eyes: College stories with male mc… The Bachelor from his perspective.

2 Likes

Hint Hint! I’ve teamed up with my best friend to make a Bad Girls Club and Love Island mixed with a little of The Bachelor story coming soon.:wink: Soon meaning after our first stories…:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Also I would love more diversity, more stories about tabboo subjects that people feel embarrassed talking about.

4 Likes

lmao you read my story right? Hale Huna? coz that basically described my story. (except the adult part. though i guess she’s kind of an adult) :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, girl I did read it. :blush:

3 Likes

do you still read it?

1 Like

It’s still in my favorites to continue. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

aw thanks

2 Likes

I want a good fantasy story that isn’t set in the medieval times or isn’t about greek mythology. Where are all the steampunk fantasy stories or futuristic dystopian ones?

2 Likes

Steampunk is my genre! :heart_eyes: It’s so cool!

2 Likes