What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

When the story claims to have meaning-full choices but in the end there is just the one and same outcome. And by replaying the story you see that ‘‘meaning-full’’ distinguishes in 5 lines.

11 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

Most of the “strong” female characters I’ve seen on Episode have really just been bitchy girls that say sarcastic one liners, degrade men and act rude and yell at people who disagree with them or when situations don’t go their way

Idk how they always have boys chasing them tbh

14 Likes

And thts why i hate them

2 Likes

When people don’t use grammar during the books, like I get if ur just on forums, or like if its like a mistake every now and then but like I hate it when people dont use grammar

4 Likes

I can understand calling it “the incident” for a few episodes, but by the time we’re on chapter 15, and I’m still none the wiser about ‘the incident,’ who cares what happened?

9 Likes

Something that really sticks in my craw:
When an author makes an unexpected time jump which really did not need to happen. I find that it disengages me from the story for some reason. :man_shrugging:t2:
Tbh some of my favourite authors have done this before, and it took me a few chapters to get back into the story because I suddenly felt detached from the characters and their lives.

5 Likes

NEWSFLASH: MCs don’t have to be bitchy to be a strong female lead!

It really annoys me when authors do this, because you don’t have to hate or degrade men to be a feminist. When a lead character is just plain rude, but the LI/MC loves them anyway. it makes me want to stop reading. It’s understandable if other characters take a dislike to this character, or if the character realises that what they’ve done was wrong, but characters who are rude with no consequence really irritate me, particularly if the MC/LI is still in love with them. :rage::rage:

14 Likes

I agree with this SO much.

1 Like

when there’s a romantic scene with so much detail and you just zone out and tap for like 20 lines cause none of it’s relevant tho

12 Likes

Totally agree with this.

1 Like

When I start a story and I see a black wallpaper with the author. That just tells me this story… NOPE.

16 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone has said this.
But i hate it when you have to choose the character’s outfit and make up every. single. time they leave the house. And when the character gets changed, they exit the screen and then come back on. It takes so much time to watch that long tedious process. Like seriously, i have a appreciation for authors who let the character just stand there while their clothes magically change for them. It saves so much time

People might say these authors are lazy and I’m impatient. But :woman_shrugging: this is just my opinion

11 Likes

this! please people just use dustoff_loop or something like that it’s way quicker!

14 Likes

Mafia & Assassins Stories…with the same beginning and ending.

I mean what really annoys me is I’ve seen them kill billions of people and they haven’t been in jail once.

10 Likes

I for one am fine with that as long as it’s fast. If it takes 5 seconds, it kills me.

1 Like

Unnecessary and Boring Talk… click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click…click

This is matthew his is your love interest, BTW. Make him hot, if you know what I mean lol.

10 Likes

I 100% agree. It is annoying.

7 Likes

Okay, I just HATE it when you’re reading the first chapter of such a good story, and then you don’t reach the end of it yet, but then… Episode has the fucking cheek to crash right there on your screen saying “oh the recording has stopped” well then fucking fix it!! And then you realise you forgot the title of the story, and it’s not been added to your favourites yet, so you have no way of finding that story!! GRRR

7 Likes

Exactly!! :hot_face::rage:

2 Likes