What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

This and coming back then doing it again

1 Like

:broken_heart:
The only thing that describes what I feel when it happens…

1 Like

I can’t believe this thread is over a year old but new dislike :slight_smile: I don’t like that so many episode authors flaunt the moving animations, its soo unnecessary and takes away from the story

2 Likes

Which moving animations do you mean? Looping ones?

Why do these female MCs never use protection? Seriously. Who meets a random and thinks hmmm I trust this person with my sexual and personal health… condoms? What are those?

7 Likes

According to every story ever they are so swept up by lust they “forget”(or ignore) all precautions

Even so if u know ur gonna go out and do…stuff at least prepare >_>

Most MCs dress revealing make out wth randos head to the bedroom…between any of these stages did it not occur to u to be safe

1 Like

I see that and raise you: when there’s 2 LIs and they BOTH suck

4 Likes

Right?? Then the next morning Suzy Dumbass is like "omg I feel so sick and want pickles and ice cream for breakfast. I mUsT bE PregNaNt. "

5 Likes

nah it’s not that they just throw up the the middle of their job

2 Likes

Or when the “I dont drink” girl goes to a party [Peer pressure because I picked dont go, bitch. But no Suzy has no backbone] goes to a party and gets smashed and hooks up with a guy who turns out to be her boss. Like OmG I’m NoT uSuaLlY LiKe ThAt… :no_mouth::no_mouth::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I agree with what everyone else is saying, and would like to add:

-Characters with no characteristics! Come on, mate - give me a reason to LIKE them. All I see is: a jerk of a love interest; a popular tyrant in $600 heels; a best friend who can’t live without dragging the protagonist along to some party; and the protagonist herself - a girl with no morals (three love interests in a week? Really?!) no job, hobbies, or ambition (boring as all heck) and no real personality.

-Sort of a subsection of that last part there: Having basically no choice in how nice/mean/etc. the protagonist is. Look, I get that if you just pick up a book, you’ll have no say in the character’s demeanour. But for the fact that the whole app’s slogan is “choose your adventure,” I kinda wish I could pick whether I’m cheery, gullible, bitter, whatever! Any personality trait.

-Forced romance. Look, man, I’m just not into that… I wish that some stories would give you a firm “No, I’m NOT interested” choice. When faced with a choice like,
“Go out with Standard Bad Boy”
“Stay home”
I will ALWAYS pick the ‘stay home’ one. But, it doesn’t matter how hard I try to avoid the relationship, it’ll happen anyway. Eye roll.

-No real reason to ship the protagonist and the love interest: Okay, so your story has a romantic subplot. Fine, I can deal with that. But when literally all the protagonist sees in them is “they’re so hot,” well… if the READER doesn’t find them hot, then, guess what? The reader doesn’t care! Come on, let us get to know the characters before the character falls for them.

-Indecent outfits: Come on! Your whole chest falling out of that gaudy dress is just unsightly! Also, like, the SHORTEST darn skirts! How do the Episode parents look at their daughter and go, “Yup, that’s sensible attire for a sixteen-year-old”? Lol
It’s petty, but it still bugs me.

I don’t mean this to be rude, but those are just my opinions.
(Man, I’m verbose. Sorry, lol)

6 Likes

All this.
I could add on but evryones heard it all before

1 Like

Well, yeah. I tried to avoid repeating what everyone else was saying, though I agree with it all. Lol

1 Like

:100: Everything here was ACCURATE!

I think some users make the MC blank so the reader can decide their personality but they add “personality choices” like be rude or be nice however it seems really one-sided.

I don’t like really rude MCs that get away with it because they’re “sassy”

What’s worse is that some stories shame you for wanting to stay home like it’s such a crime.

What I also don’t like is when the only reason the MC and LI are together is because “he’s nice to you”. The MC doesn’t owe you a relationship because of that…?

I don’t mind the teenage characters wearing shorts or a crop top but it seems unrealistic that their schools let them wear whatever they want. Dress codes?

2 Likes

Depends on the country - europe is in this in most cases more liberal and there is usualy not a school drescode. Well you cant be in class in bikini but noboty realy cares about lenght of the skirts (except of the boys I guess) and so on.

1 Like

Me in many stories like I don’t want men around me, I don’t want to party and in the end I still find my character on a middle of a party :sob:

1 Like

It’s less the crop tops and shorts I’m referring to, and more those dresses with the ridiculous necklines.
I dunno. I just find it tacky, and kinda wish there were something more modest; you couldn’t pay me to wear something like those party outfits.

3 Likes

I’m from the UK and almost all schools make you wear a uniform + make sure that it’s being worn correctly. Even of non-uniform days you are expected to dress somewhat modestly, mild makeup, no piercings etc.

1 Like

I am from Czech republic - I have never seen any kid wearing school uniform here - maybe some ritch kids in privat school but normal state school alow to wear normal clothes.

I don’t really like some of the necklines of the tops. I wish it was easier to make modest outfits + more modest outfits in stories.

1 Like