What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

“Bad boy” stories
Pregnancy Stories
Crazy amount of grammatical errors (a little is fine, but NOT A LOT)
Romanticizing mental illnesses
INK/CLASSIC stories (I kinda tolarate ink only if the story has an interesting plot)
Worst outfit choices

7 Likes

Too many typos and grammar errors. Mainly to the point where I have to re-read the sentence over and over again several times. I can imagine if you don’t speak the language, but there’s also google translator for that. Even if it sounds harsh, I do regularly offer help to people who can’t speak it or have issues on that, and I know for a fact I’m not the only one.

5 Likes

Episode cliches and repetitive plot line.

1. Like the MC got broken up with a guy she dated for many years. Her best friend tried to cheer her up so she takes her to a party/bar. Then MC hooks up with a guy and then coincidentally, they’re partners for a detective case/work, etc…
11 Likes

I hate when you have to use lots of gems for the ‘better’ option or to ‘look good.’ When you have no gems, you have no choice but to choose the bad option. Although @JosephEvans’s stories are good because if you choose the bad option, instead of saying ‘oh well, I won’t get noticed in this’, he says ‘I’m not feeling it, today. This is fine.’ I understand that episode makes a handful of authors use gem choices, but it’s still annoying.

17 Likes

I know right. I love Joseph Evans because at least his options are not that important. Unlike in most stories, some are important gems, and if you don’t have any gems, you get to miss the fun :pensive:

10 Likes

Stories that are written in two styles. For example, If someone writes a story in Ink and then rewrites it in Limelight. That’s just lazy, like, What’s the point lmao.

10 Likes

mine is when you have to watch a ads before you play the episode it’s so annoying that i just exit and do something different sometimes especially if it glitches and makes me watch them over again :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

When they give you 2 ads before playing an episode…

7 Likes

You only get two? I get four

3 Likes

Sometimes I get 3. A few times, I had 4.

1 Like

I wish there was better sorting to find episodes I want to read, like if you could filter searches with different criteria

• what style(LL, Ink, Classic)
  • how long it is
  • Customizable MC
  • better genre sorting
  • multiple love interests
    that sort of stuff
27 Likes

You guys are lucky. Once I got eleven.

14 Likes

Damn! Your phone didn’t crash?!

6 Likes

When the MC and the LI looks alike, like brother and sibling alike. Same everything.

12 Likes

Another one is more on the Instagram, Video edit side of things.

I don’t like it when Episode Video editors edit the same stories over and over and also when they get mad because someone has written in the comments ‘Song?’.

Now I agree that it can be annoying but surely they should just put in the caption ‘Song: I don’t know, Sorry.’ or something like that instead of getting ratty when someone asks them.

18 Likes

That is honestly the truth they can get so salty!

3 Likes

YESSS
tbh, being in IG community makes me feel like there’s only three stories in episode: The New Girl, Shawn brothers and Adrenaline. Not that they are bad stories, I actually love all of them, but, geez, editors could use a lit bit of diversity sometimes, make an edit of a less popular story, y’know…

22 Likes

I 100% agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just want to say how phenomenal it is to see how far you have come from just a few months ago! Well done and you are doing so amazingly :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Ugh yes - I spotted this too on Insta, like why get so mad for asking about a song!!?? It would be great to see a diversity of video edits as well.

5 Likes