What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

Mine is they don’t even have enough prop for the INK character

3 Likes

I agree with all of these, but one thing that REALLY turns me off that I haven’t seen anyone bring up is when the female MC is insecure and just… Helpless in general. And then when the guy comes along he falls in love with her when she has literally no personality whatsoever. So for about 90% of the story she’s just Sad. I find it so frustrating omg!!!

22 Likes

The Featured Stories section

22 Likes

Just thought of another but this is when some Episode users say that they don’t use the volume when reading stories as they prefer to listen to their own music. I get it if the story has no sound whatsoever but if the author has said specifically that the story uses sound then please be respectful of that!

I use sound to create atmosphere and tension in my stories and I have a lot of black screens that I use just to play sounds to create some sort of scene. It’s super frustrating when people complain about it when they probably aren’t using their volume anyway. Ok, little rant over :wink:

11 Likes

Hey everyone! I just wanted to make this topic because I was curious to know what the communities turn off’s & on’s are in Episode stories. Although no one probably cares, I thought I’d share some of mine.

TURN OFFS:

• Lack of diversity.
    I know, it sounds extremely typical but in all honest this is one of my biggest turn offs ever in Episode stories. If a story consists of white, cis, straight characters ONLY I will click off in an instant. Even if it’s a small problem to others, it’s a huge problem to me.

• Your typical cliches.
    You guessed it! The typical cliches; bad boys, teacher & student, gang leader… If I’m being honest, I honestly don’t have a HUGE problem with cliche stories…but if the dialogue is unbelievably bad, cringy, corny, and the the story has no real plot to it, I’ll click out in a heartbeat.

• TOO much narrator dialogue.
    Unless a story is made with the Spotlight style, over excessive narrator dialogue is a major turn off for me. You can move characters around and make them do animations for a reason, so when people don’t take advantage of that, again, I’ll click out real fast.

• Bad directing.
    Okay this may sound mean and I promise I’m not trying to be mean at all, but when directing in a story is painfully bad, (i.e huge characters, small characters, laggy animations etc.) I can’t really get into the story and enjoy it all that much. It may sound weird, but I absolutely require decent directing for me to even finish a story.

TURN ONS

• Good storylines.
    I absolutely LOVE me a story with a good storyline, even if the storyline isn’t necessarily original. If a story has a plot of gold, (that was bad, real bad, sorry lol.) 99.9% of the time I’ll finish it.

• Good directing.
    This isn’t necessarily something that’ll make me want to finish a story, but when stories have good directing it’s a major turn on for me. I just feel like it’s more intriguing that way, and that I can get into the story more.

• Diversity!!
    Again, this isn’t something that will make me want to finish a story, but diversity in stories are ALWAYS a nice plus. Just adds a lil more realism into the story.

I definitely have more turn ons and turn offs, but those are just the few I could name as of now. But I’d love to hear what you guys think! <3

much luv bbies xox

21 Likes

:clap:t4::ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Oh I didn’t notice. Thanks for making this post girl! We need it :v:t4::kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I like when there is a lot of narration. But I absolutely hate it when they use narration instead of animations.

15 Likes

I saw one story (a couple actually) where the characters would say dialogue and there was different backgrounds and stuff, but the characters would never move! Major turn off

14 Likes

Oh yikes, I’ve come across one of THOSE before. Definitely not, and that’s exactly what I mean about the excessive narration thing.

11 Likes

Lmao heck no :joy: OUTTA HERE! BYE! :wave:t5:

5 Likes

I love when the author describes something and narrates it as the character is doing it, ex: putting it into more detail.

8 Likes

I hate it when I read stories with no diversity whatsoever within a story. :roll_eyes: Especially when they make the non-POC wear stuff that are part of POC cultures and yet add no POC!

16 Likes

And POC features too and still no POC!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, now that I totally agree. Especially if the narrator is describing how they feel about a certain someone, it makes me happy seeing the extra detail put into it.

3 Likes

THIS.

3 Likes

It’s constant and annoying. You have no idea how many stories I read like that.

1 Like

Turn on’s
When the author goes out of their way to make sure that their story is not offensive to other people, goes with the guidelines, includes diversity, and has many effects with overlays and cool directing that took hours to do

I usually like it when you can tell the author probably put hours or days into each episode.

14 Likes

Omg yes! There are good ones that do that! For example, Envy

4 Likes

It is extremely annoying. But overtime I’ve learned to just ignore it and move on with my day, lol.

3 Likes