What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

And am I the only one who at times like it when a black character is a villain in a realistic way instead of racistly? I just like that

8 Likes

Exactly! I’m hopefully going to try and do that with my story–to incorporate different cultures, nationalities, ethnicities etc. without offending anyone. For that, though, I’m going to have to do my research haha.

8 Likes

Nope. You’re definitely not the only one.

3 Likes

I have stop reading stories with any cliches in it. It’s overused and boring now plus some of them have to many erotic scenes in it.

9 Likes

Turn off’s
Ok, I’m in the age-range for Episode, but I do not like inappropriate stuff. I get turned off when a story starts getting too inappropriate for me, even if the story is sooo good, I’m just not comfortable watching those types of things.

This is why, even though I try to do read-for-reads, can’t because I can’t just say to someone; “Sorry your story made me uncomfortable.”

I’m comfortable with;
Kissing, not TOO violent fighting, and curse words, anything else may make me leave

12 Likes

I just want sex portrayed in the right way. Sex is healthy and good but I don’t want it constant and encouraged wrongly. You need to be the right age and do it when the time is right

12 Likes

Omg 110%. I honestly love erotic scenes, but in all honesty when there’s TOO much of it, and TOO much detail it leaves me a tad bit uncomfortable.

8 Likes

You hit it right on the dot!

8 Likes

I’m okay with stuff that is in PG-PG13, but once I think it is past that I click out.

5 Likes

AND PLEASE–Stop making it seem like Muslims can’t have sex at all! We do but just do it when we are married. And when you make a scene between a Muslim married couple on a honeymoon, make the women wear something nice, not no damn nun outfit!

18 Likes

We can show some skin with our lover during it, it isn’t illegal :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

YAS! Exactly!

2 Likes

Oh god yes. Especially when the character is a MINOR or just barely turning 18. That s**t makes me sick to my stomach, literally.

10 Likes

Yes, I can see if theres like one or two erotic scenes but I have read a couple of stories were in every scene the mc is having sex with someone.

3 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes

Oh nah :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I’ve shared these in other threads, but I’ll share them here.

I won’t ever instantly click out of a story. I’ll usually finish the episode then not continue it. The only instant where I’ve instantly clicked out of a story is when authors mess up @ and &. This usually happens when a person talks - then returns to idle. Then the other person talks.

Things I don’t like, but won’t necessarily leave a story for.

• Too much readerMessages : I don’t like it when there are readerMessages explaining every little thing. I don’t need to know that SOANDSO are 1/2 Korean and 1/5 Egyptian. I don’t need to know that BLA and ALB had bad blood. I feel like if they are important to the story, they should be explained in the story rather than a little burb at the top of the screen.
  • MC is a whiny: I really don’t like when the MC is not over a relationship that happened over like a year ago.
  • Overused Beginnings: I make fun of these alot on my stories. “I’m running late for school” “Birthday turning 16, now I learn some secret” “New school year”
  • Outfits of background character never change : GAH
  • Default background characters: GAH
  • Characters popping up at random: I don’t care if you use default positions, but please, don’t make them pop out at random.
  • Short Episodes: Short without reason.
  • Unpopular: Choices that Matter: I don’t like multiple endings lol. I can’t decide on my real life choices, how can I pick for my character XD

Things I like, but don’t necessarily require to read

• Choice to Pick Genders :I’m sorry, I like to play as males.
  • Choice to Pick Sexuality / No Romance : It’s interesting from different perspectives.
  • The best friend is NOT a love interest / The long term old friend of the opposite gender is NOT a love interest: I’m a girl who likes guys, and guess what, I have friends that are guys who are not romantically involved with me.
  • Advanced Directing: This is not required for me, but it’s nice.

Things I require in a story

• Smooth Directing: I honestly don’t care if a story uses the basics. As long as it’s smooth, I’m satisfied.
  • Understandable Plot: If I’m lost, I don’t have a reason to continue.
21 Likes

Lol same! I love playing as a guy

5 Likes

I despise pregnancy stories :see_no_evil: I’ve purposely written a story where my MC is infertile so no chance of a pregnancy.

I’m a Mum so reading the pregnancy stories and how unrealistic some of them are is just cringe for me. I get that some are written by minors who may not fully understand them but I just can’t read them.

The only pregnancy story I have ever enjoyed is Unconventional.

16 Likes

I agree with a lot of these, although I absolutely LOVE stories that make choices matter. It gives me a challenge to make the right choices, without ending up with a sucky ending, of course. Just makes things more realistic, and I’m big on realism.

11 Likes