What’s a real ‘Episode turnoff’ for you

@classicality My problem isn’t that the CC is in the first Episode, I’m more than happy to have it there, (I personally don’t mind) I just prefer the content to be 10-15 minutes long. Having 0-5 minutes of content on the first Episode is one of the reasons why I don’t continue stories.

7 Likes

I don’t think they meant being annoyed with customization being introduced in the first episode; I think they meant that when customization is introduced into the first episode as a filler, and that’s all there is to it. But I don’t mind customization in first episodes at all if that was the answer you were looking for!

2 Likes

Hate a frickin mary sue…real intresting characters have flaws weaknesses imperfections etc…but these sues are loved in writtem works

3 Likes

WE NEED THIS STEREOTYPE TO EXIT THE BUILDING

15 Likes

I can’t stop laughing

9 Likes

Yes! I’ve seen stories like that, and they’re amazing!

2 Likes

This is why when I add customization to my stories, I do that last

2 Likes

One thing I’ve seen in some stories that annoys me is when the MC has been having a thing with a boy for most of the story and they clearly like each other. The boy tells the MC about his ex then the ex turns up and she’s desperately trying to get him back so she tries all these sexual advances on him to try and get him to take her back but the LI is like NO I LIKE (MC) SHE’S THE ONLY ONE FOR ME but then the MC just happens to catch them in the act and it’s clear that he hasn’t done anything then she gets all “he doesn’t love me”, “but why would he choose me?”, “he doesn’t like me, he likes (ex’s name)”.
I’ve seen this a lot and it irritates me so much.

16 Likes

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Two words: Unnecessary Drama
No offense, but why can’t the MC just snap out of her own disappointment for once, and see that the LI genuine likes her, and not cheat on her? Then, MC just finds another LI and then the first LI sees them together and things get so much more upsetting.
Afterward, the next few Episodes revolves around this event.

10 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Drunk/party scenes
i dont wanna party i dont need to party. The parties are boring and just an excuse to wake up naked next to a random guy(u may or may not know) where the frick are ur friends u have one(maybe 2) sober friends who stick with u to make sure u can drink and not embaress urself too much or run off witha rando guy…wait…i forgot…the friends are drunk too…

Author only giving two choices when it comes to romance(or any genre really)
Choice A-i dont like u
Choice B-throw each other on the bed and :smirk:
Golden boys…(unpopular opinion)
I dont like them. I dont care too much for bad boys either but i hate golden guys more. They are bland popular. And they spill the dumbest cheeseiest lines ever
Gold boy: ur the best girl ever. I love u more than anything on earth ur such a beautiful angel. Ur my princess my queen my muse…without u id wither away and die. I love you babe.
MC:(swoons)(smiles wth hands together) i love you too babe

Said before but unecessary s3x or s3x at all(unpopular opinon 2)
MC: (wakes up makes breakfast)
LI:(hugs from behind) hey babe…ur so beautiful how about we…skip breakfast im hungry for something else(winks)
MC: teehee…baabe♡…okay sure
If u dont get ur hot morning breath off of me… >->
Call me prude…but…tired of this and make out scenes virgin shaming(where ppl mock ppl who havent done it. Or dont wanna do it) and authors forcing characters to screw like rabbits…

Kissing
Can i choose whether i want this kiss to happen instead of these forced kisses and the MC hating it but then liking it as he continues…

When the athour makes the character as “you” but doesnt let u customize how ur suppose to look

unecessary over the top dialouge
When u meet the LI
MC: his eyes were warm like honey and his voice was husky…he had a chisled jawline and a toned body. His hair was a toffeed color and slightly tossled from the gentle blowing winds. His skin was a beautiful sun kissed tan and his hands were firm from(insert hobby of ur choice) He smelled of (insert scent from hobby of ur choice) My tounge stuck to the roof of my mouth and my knees were weak and the words would not form. His smile…omg…they write books about this smile his teeth are like white pearls inside a cavern…
Show dont tell or at least tell less use narraration sparingly…
Or sceneario 2
MC is fear stricken
MC: my body went numb mainly due to the fear inside me…my core was shook…beads of sweat ran down my face and saturated my clothing. My heart was a hard thump in my chest…my breathes were shallow as i heard the footsteps creak up stairs…my feet were like i was wearing lead shoes…im scared…i cant move. My minds numb…(are u sure :expressionless:)

17 Likes

I agree completely. I feel so vulnerable if this stuff happens. It’s like a wind suddenly rushed towards me. It’s not exactly cringey, but this could be part of it. I understand they want to express body love or something related, but I feel so… shivery. Could be me but it’s a little uncomfortable to have to read about a man’s chest in excessive detail.
This is when I do real finger exercises.

15 Likes

Yeah makes me uncomfortable too dunno y…maybe its the cringe factor or the author describes the kiss scene…ill spare u an explination

2 Likes

Lmaooo this killed me :rofl:

7 Likes

I hate that you can’t delete stories. You always have to delete every character and every outfit, also every single line in the script to be able to delete the story.

17 Likes

Same here :joy::joy:

2 Likes

When the characters are doing animations that do not match their emotions or when the character animations are stuck on a loop while the other character is talking. I usually just exit the story and find another. I know that its just a silly error but I hate it!!

9 Likes

When one chapter Is dedicated to customizing characters and you have to customize the whole family. Idk why I just don’t really like it. Also when the characters lips don’t move when they talk.

11 Likes

There are so many, I don’t even know how to make this short but I will try my best.

1. Sometimes people just make the whole first chapter like for customisation. Okay do not do that authors. Please don’t. When a reader goes on episode they know they don’t have to use a pass for the first episode so they click on your story to read your first episode so that they can decide whether your story is worth spending their passes on or not but if you make the whole first episode customisation I personally don’t think I will spare even a single pass to go to the next chapter.

2. When there is way too much narration, it’s like God can I please just abandon this story. Okay a little bit dialogue is fine and even necessary but sometimes authors just write way too long narration which is certainly not needed. No one would want to read a story with too much narration.

3. Mean girls and sidekicks. Okay now everyone knows what I am talking about right now. Like come on there has been enough talk but still there is always a mean girl in every high school story who is basically the female version of the love interest. She is popular, slutty and obsessed with the love interest. C’mon guys we have had enough of these mean girls. They honestly need to go. I Really don’t like reading stories that have mean girls and minions in them.

4. And oh my favourite, the love interest and MC are together. The mean girl sets the port guy up and then the MC sees them and misinterpreted the situation and she misses another guy or gets close to him and boom, you have got 15 episodes of drama ahead of you.

5. Using bad grammar is the biggest sin you can ever commit. Like please do not make your readers go through this torture. The moment I see the second grammatical mistake in a story I stop reading it. That’s it. It just shows how insincerely the story has been written.

There are a lot of other points I’d like to mention but this has turned more into a rant so I will stop now lol.

14 Likes

Bad directing: I don’t mind basic directing. The directing doesn’t have to be out of this world, but I hate seeing characters randomly pop up on scene or has glitches.

Show, Don’t Tell!!: Many authors always has to tell us what is going on instead of letting us, the readers, figure it out.

Unnecessary sexual scenes

Terrible grammar

Limited CC: I find LCC to be pointless! Just leave the MC as is.

Lack of, or terrible diverse representation

Rude AF Authors who leave passive aggressive messages

13 Likes