What’s One Episode Trope You Hate and One You Like?

if the author sucks at developing a Relationship i would prefer that he or she put like “we are together for (number of years , weaks or days) and etc” instead of putting they just met in episode 1 and they’re in a Relationship in episode 2 or i think it ok if they know each others for a long time but not like for 5 mins , but still some readers may be confused.

yeah i agree , let them know each other better and maybe in like ep 20 or more (depending if your story is long) make them be in a relationship

2 Likes

I hate mini games in stories :weary: I don’t feel Episode is a place for that. It’s storytelling app not gameplay :grimacing:

1 Like

But it’s also an interactive app and mini-games can be a great way to engage readers and offer chances for information.

4 Likes

Love: Slow burn hate to love relationships. I want to be screaming at the screen saying “JUST FREAKING KISS HIM ALREADY” :joy:

Hate: this probably isn’t a trope but I don’t like characters without depth or reasoning behind their actions.

Also, I’m with you. I don’t like mafia stories. If you ever met an actual mafia leader you probably won’t be thinking how hot he is. But to each their own :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

I love the chosen one too!!! I know it’s a little overdone since most fantasy books have the “one” but it’s my favorite type of story.

2 Likes

Have I got the story for you…:joy:

I love me some depth. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Yes you do, and that’s why I’m already obsessed. It also explains why I loved the scene where Kitty shoots Dante with an arrow. :joy:

1 Like

hate : makeover : nerd to beauty like wth changing for someone & unlogical things
love : oc and original stories

4 Likes

Almost shot. Such over dramatics.

1 Like

“Here’s some contact lenses in your exact prescription.”

3 Likes

nerd : need glasses to see
nerd : get makeover
nerd : nerd doeesn’t even have contact lenses to see
nerd : see without glasses without reasons

glasses has left the chat

some readers that pay attention about it : anna oops—

logic has left the chat

7 Likes

Hate: Bad boy fall in love with good innocent girl
Love: Realistic stories

3 Likes

Every mean girl in an Episode story.

3 Likes

Hate: Gang stories, ruthless LI, rich mean girl bullies mousy MC just because she’s poor and they end up wanting the same guy

Love: Slow burn romances, secret crushes

I don’t know if this could be considered a trope, but I also hate it when the whole story revolves around sex.

6 Likes

These are :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

bump

1 Like

infamous tropes and how to destroy them

• MC develops a crush on the most popular guy in 0,02 sec (that part is more understandable) and out of all characters, the crush (a.k.a. BAD BOY™) falls for her too - Maybe in fairy tales, yes, but realistic aspects can be refreshing. The crush can have a girlfriend and a personality (besides punching walls, smoking and having new tattoos every week)? God forbid if the MC and the so called crush develop a strong friendship and the MC ends up with another guy.

• The doe eyed virgin girl (usually the MC) - Sorry but this gets on my last nerve. Why on earth do virgin girls have to act like they know nothing about sex? Being educated and experienced is not the same thing. For some people it’s a choice, they’re maybe not ready, not interested or haven’t found the right guy, but making them oblivious morons is just unnecessary.

• Romanticizing serial killers / psychopaths / and agressive d-bags - I just don’t get it. Believe me, these “poeple” IRL won’t have a strange feelign just by looking at you and decide not to do harm. This is the worst message ever. Pls don’t go to dark alleys and look for gang leaders.

• Smokin’ hot teachers - …I-… Okay, the thing is, there are teachers out in the world that are handsome / beautiful, but making them straight up LIs? This is sooo wrong on so many levels. Just because the teacher is young and the MC is a senior this is still a crime and he/she can go to jail for that no questions asked. (And it just creeps me out that 25-27 yo dudes fall for teenage girls.)

• plus: pregnancy stories, sugar daddies/mommies (WHY), innocent MC, sO uNiQuE MC, forced marriages, kidnapping

best underrated tropes

• Slow burn romance - YES. Yes. yes!!! Especially when it’s combined with enemies to lovers / friends to lovers dynamics, but it can be really bad if the writing is lazy.

• Quiet / cold guys - not to be associated with the bad boy trope, but I’m a sucker for introverted, underdog male characters that are actually clever, good observers and don’t have agressive tendencies.

• Supportive step parents - lots of my friends have step parents and bruh, it makes me so mad when stepmoms / stepdads are straight up evil for no reason? We LOVE supportive step parents. Don’t be afraid to use them, it’s not boring, it’s really cute and it gives a chance to develop a relationship.

• Mom friend > mean girl - PERIODT. Since every girl tends to be sassy and nOt LiKe OtHeR gIrLs, I just miss the mom friend of any group, even though they can be so funny. Calmly warning the MC (Language, dear!) or simply bake unthinkable amount of muffins because someone is sick.

• plus: functional families, layered nice guys (give them more than one personality trait pls), chill MC, villain MC

Sorry (not sorry) for the rant. :innocent:

14 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

The fact that no one uses any type of birth control or protection is scary. Especially when they do the do with the playboy/girl LI

3 Likes