What’s something that you’ve been hesitating to say?

Words are commonly left unsaid. Although I consider myself to be a brutally honest person, I hold myself back in conversation every single day. And I’m sure that many can say the same for themselves.
There are many reasons why people hold themselves back. This includes not having the energy to continue a conversation, not wanting to hurt yourself or someone else, fear of rejection, not wanting to ruin a surprise, etc.

So whether you’re holding positive or negative words back, what are they?

I’m going to quickly note that you absolutely do not have to include context if you don’t feel comfortable doing so. And feel free to include it if you would like to. All answers are welcome!! :)) Feel free to PM me if you need somebody to talk to!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Guidelines:

Summary
  • Be respectful and understanding of others!
  • Be kind to others!
  • Please try to stay on topic. Feel free to talk to other people about their insecurities, but if the conversation is going to last longer, it may be more beneficial to PM them instead :))

Why am I doing this?

Summary

I have been asking different questions every week (for the most part…) for a few reasons:

• To bring people together
  • To let people vent or rant without worry
  • For psychological reasons (in other words, I like asking others questions because just about everybody has a different answer and that alone intrigues me)

Other Q’s that I’ve asked:

Summary

What’s your biggest insecurity?

What’s something you feel guilty about?

What makes you happy/thankful?

17 Likes

“Stop insulting me, PLEASE”

I really wanna say/scream this badly ugh :persevere:

5 Likes

I literally want to say the same thing lmao damn- it’s like people insult me without understanding that it’s an insult, and so I sit there and I take it. Sometimes I even join in on the joke because it seems like the better option :woozy_face:

1 Like

So whether you’re holding positive or negative words back, what are they?

“Stop creating problems and acting like it’s my obligation to fix them, I’m tired”

Lol I don’t think that needs much context

8 Likes

Yeah, I get that.

I actually said that to my friend last week because she’s making the same mistake over and over again and complaining about the outcome, and I finally reached my tolerance level with her.
Let’s just say virtually nothing has changed. At all. :slight_smile:

People are frustrating as hell. I hope things turn out okay with whomever you’re referring to :))

4 Likes

This one is heavily episode related, but I wish that everyone who was/is pouring their energy into promoting stories that aren’t back on the ranks would use that energy to help promote some real underrated stories and not just the ones with 1 million reads that aren’t appearing on the ranks at the moment

11 Likes

I miss you soooo much, and I guess I finally have to admit, I had a huge crush on you. Too bad your gone now. I know we’ll met again, I feel it in my soul.

3 Likes

Ahhh yes! There are so many stories that deserve much more love! Especially during the “holiday season”, it would be lovely to promote underrated authors somehow (although it would be even more lovely if such authors were appreciated every season…)

Maybe a thread can be made? People can post and discuss those underrated stories and authors? (I’m sorry if there is a thread for this- I don’t keep up as much as I should).

I know Episode has a “Hidden Gems” shelf, but sometimes I feel like some stories in the shelf aren’t as underrated as they may seem, but I do think everybody that gets on the shelf absolutely deserves the spotlight.

I agree with you though, because there are varying meanings to the term “underrated” and I think (I know) there is an incredible amount of stories that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I wish all stories got the same amount of love.

3 Likes

Here’s some:
“Stop complaining about something if you aren’t gonna do anything to change it!”
“Stop acting like it’s my obligation or that I owe it to you to be there for everything, I don’t have to. I don’t have to help you every time you hurt yourself. I’m just a good person and you’re taking advantage of that.”
“I don’t want to hurt you, but I’m hurting myself helping you, so I have to stop. I’m sorry.”
“Would you just listen to me?!”

7 Likes

I’m hungry. Feed me please. Everyone thinks I’m greedy. Yeah, F you too! :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

I’ve wanted to tell somebody about my mental health problems but I’m scared of what they’ll think or what they’ll do.

1 Like

Yeah, I have given your response a couple of hours before I replied to it because the reality of it hits uncomfortably hard for me right now.

Summary

I know it’s different for everybody, but here’s my situation and my advice that comes with it. Six months ago around this time, I was falling in love. And I never thought I would say that because I have genuinely never loved somebody so much. Once upon a time, somebody meant the world to me. I trusted him. I opened up to him. We opened up to each other. I truly can’t stress it enough, but if I was told, six months ago, that I would be in the position that I am in right now, I would be terrified.
It comes in waves. Last time I talked to him before things genuinely changed was on August 16th at 2:53 a.m. And it burdens me every single day. I’ve dragged myself through a rollercoaster of five years of depression, and the absence of him was the final push to get me to go to therapy. I went from being on top of the world to absolutely crushed in a matter of a minute. All it took was a single sentence. I have practically lost myself.
I’ve been telling myself over and over again, “No way. There’s no way that things are supposed to be this way. No way.” I can hardly believe it. I went from loving somebody, to crying over them, to feeling anger every time I get a glimpse of him.
I know it sounds “over the top,” but I partly believe that he was my soulmate at some point in time. I believe that our souls were meant to mend and cling on to each other. I believe that the stars were aligned so that we could love each other as much as we did.
I decided that I needed answers. Because he’s a stupid piece of crap and he doesn’t like confrontation. But I wanted some type of an answer. So I made him a painting for his birthday. He got the painting last week on Monday.
You know what he said to me? “thanks for the painting,” and then nothing. Nada.
The best way I can explain it is that I’m on page one-hundred, and he’s not even reading the same book as me. Not anymore, at least.

I see it both ways. Don’t cling on to the mere possibility that you’ll be together again. Speaking for myself, it has ruined me. For the most part, hope has ruined me. It’s hard, but focus on your own path for now. And if your paths cross again, then you’ll hopefully have your opportunity. Love yourself more than anything. Share that love with other people. And try as much as you can to love as much as possible, even when you’re not surrounded by love. I never would have thought that changing my seat in biology class (he started out as my bio partner) on the first day of school would somehow lead me to where I am today. You truly do find love when you’re not looking for it. I hope that things turn out good for you, you deserve it :))

Sorry that I wrote a lot, I’m just hoping that my “story” somehow helps you.

2 Likes

I don’t care if you think I’m getting “fat” mother, you’re the one who called me anorexic when you know I have fast metabolism! It’s hard to gain weight and I am a healthy size so let me eat my McNuggets!!

(No this was not a joke comment, I am legit serious… I look underweight despite being a healthy size and it’s hard to gain weight with my fast metabolism, just because I eat more than I use to doesn’t mean I am getting ‘fat’ it just means I am growing and am enjoying my food!)

5 Likes

Thanks for the inspiring paragraphs. But my plan is to move on, find someone else, go through life, and hope to met him again.

Believe me that’s how I met him. Best man I’ve ever met, hands down :raised_hand::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Totally feel that. It’s especially frustrating when you’re always right when giving advice, but they just don’t listen and then they end up making the same, stupid mistake. Every time I feel too drained to help somebody like that out, I tell myself “Well, at least I’m hopefully earning myself brownie points” (which sounds selfish but honestly it helps me lmao) and then I hope that the person finally sees things in my perspective and considers my advice rather than immediately waving it off.

2 Likes

:joy: me too XD

1 Like

Completely understandable. Especially when I want a McFlurry or just ice cream in general- like I didn’t ask for a lecture, I just asked for some damn food!!

1 Like

Normally at least once a day in school I want to tell people to shut up but I don’t actually since I’m too shy and I just let it go, sometimes people are just so rude to my teachers. Also not related but I often hesitating when telling people about how I feel about myself (self confidence/esteem issues) and how much I compare myself

3 Likes

I want to scream this to like… everybody in school—

JUST BECAUSE I’M NOT SKELETAL AND JUST BECAUSE I DON’T LOOK EMO OR GOTH IT DOESN’T MEAN I DON’T HAVE ANOREXIA AND DEPRESSION AND IT DOESN’T MEAN I’M NOT ALL BETTER BECAUSE ACTUALLY I’M DOING WORSE THAN EVER BEFORE OH AND BTW EMO AND GOTH DOES NOT EQUAL DEPRESSION SO SHUT UP ABOUT THAT TOO PLEASE THANKS OK

So… yeah :joy::relieved:

3 Likes

I always want to say this when I talk to certain people…

STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT EVERYTIME I TRY TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IM INTERESTED IN FOR ONCE! LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT JEEZ!

I talk about things and they just look at me,

“Anways”

LIKE GODD*MN!

5 Likes