What’s the ideal amount of lines you like reading/having in stories

So guys I have a question I’m writing a new story called Sinners Of Saint. And basically so far my first chapter is 1,200+ lines. How many lines do you guys suggest me having in the first chapter. There’s no CC just choices and outfit changes and ofc dialogue and so on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao like 1800 to 2000 lines perhaps without any CC I guess lol.

1 Like

Oh GOD damn Lmfaooo thanks for replying I’ll try my best to like get 600 more lines or sum :skull:

1 Like

Bahaha np. My episode is taking forever to finish haha. You can also preview it on your phone if your episode is short or long lol

1 Like

Yeah :joy: ima test how long the chapter takes me to finish once it’s done so I’ll see what changes I can make

1 Like

I suggest you do like 700 - 900 lines [in the first chapters when everything is only beginning]. Then let’s say after 6 chapters you increase the amount of lines to 1000 - 1200 lines [say chapters 7 - 11] then you make chapters 1500 - 1600 lines. I mean that’s just something that works for me I don’t know about you but it’s a suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you sm I’ll try that :slight_smile: :heart:

I dont really think anyone can say what’s right because it depends on directing and stuff.
Also, some people skip lines and some don’t…
For example, my chapters are around 1,000 lines with quite a bit of directing and I’ve never been told it’s too short.
Episode recommends around 450 dialogue lines. Not including directing.

1 Like

Ooh thank you :two_hearts: I’ll be working on the dialogue then :joy:

@Sydney_H please close this I found my answer :slight_smile:

1 Like