What’s the point of supporting authors with gems?

Ok so I’ve been wondering for so long… like ok, you give gems and then what happens? And how does this support the author?

7 Likes

that’s what I always wondered as well. I think when readers do give gems, the author gems might be going up? Like let’s say I have 5 gems and someone spend 5 gems to support author, then i get 10 gems. I think that might be the reason? Maybe.

2 Likes

Usually if the author unlocks the writer payment thing, they get a gem bonus for every gem choice or something

3 Likes

Support author with gems gets them higher on the rank and helps you get paid along with the reads.

8 Likes

The way stories get ranked (and consequently appear on shelves) depends on the number of both reads and selected gem choices they have. In the portal you can view how many times someone has selected a gem choice in your story. They’re kind of like a currency that Episode uses to track how “well” your story is doing in another way aside from reads.

8 Likes

Yeah, I thought that was the only logical answer :thinking:

1 Like

Ohhh that makes sense actually…

1 Like

Oh ok thanks! :hugs:

1 Like

Oki thank you! :yay:

The more gems you get, the higher on the “score board” you are. If you are getting like 25 gems per episode and another author is getting 30 gems per episode, they will be higher on the board than you

3 Likes

When you support any author with gems, it increases their story rank.
And if they have unlocked payments then they get extra money for the amount of gems they have received, example $0 x 1 gem received (I am not really sure about this…:sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Got it, thank you! :blob_sun:

No problem :)))

1 Like

The answer is because the more gems that you earn in your story, the higher the ranking. Like if you get 200 gems spent on supporting you or bonus scenes(etc), your rank will probably be mid-pack. Whereas, if you get 1,000 gems spent on you, then you’ll probably be in the top 200 in your genre.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Share Feedback is for story ideas and reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.