Mine is ‘Older Woman, Younger Man’. It’s read count is a massive (for me) 741. This is despite the fact it had hardly any advertising or read for reads. None of my other stories even come close. The next most read one is ‘The Wanderer’ which has 314 reads, which is less than half of ‘Older Woman, Younger Man.’
I think it’s because I did something different. We see WAY too many of the obligatory older man, younger woman stories and people like to see a refreshing change for once.
I try in my stories to be different and have common themes that I don’t see much in here:
- Girls having close relationships with their fathers.
- Bad boys NEVER get the girls.
- Older men NEVER get younger women.
- Criminals are shown for the scum they are.
- No ‘bad sexy girl’ that makes life hell for the MC.
- Lesbians that are not there purely for the sake of turning guys on.
- Lots of different ethnic diversities.
- Not having a ‘token Brit’ just for the sake of it.
- There are other places in England apart from London.
- Subjects that don’t get much mention eg, dealing with divorce, lgbt issues, unemployment, etc.
- The character is allowed not to have attended college.
- Love triangles don’t have to be in every story.
- Bad boy characters are shown to be cowards deep down.