What’s your motivation for writing

My motivation is food and music.

3 Likes

music, reading stories, and just peace and quiet.

2 Likes

Reading, music, anime and manga, my sister, and my dogs lmao.

2 Likes

im an editor, so when i make edits really good edit audios inspire me to make edits and make me think of characters from stories that will really fit the audio.

so its like the same with my story. when i listen to edit audios, my brain comes up with good scenes that i could make in my story, and possible plot ideas. this inspires me to write down these ideas and work on my story.

LOL sorry if this didn’t make any since. you mightttt get what i’m talking abt if you make video edits (ae, videostar, etc.)

2 Likes

Yep, this too! How could I forget these two. I read manga almost all the time. lol Never stop.

2 Likes

omg, samee!

2 Likes

Compulsion. I’ve got to.

I also enjoy it most of the time.

When it’s going well, it’s kind of like reading a new book or watching a new movie that isn’t out yet, in my head.

Sometimes I need to go back and re-read stuff I’ve written in the past to remind myself I don’t suck. Then I discover I’m not bad after all, and get back to it.

But yes, music can set the mood and keep me in the story for longer. I went on a writing binge once from 7 pm to about 4 am because I had the soundtracks of The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable on a loop on headphones. This kept the adrenaline up since I would get the occasional jump scare music to wake me up again if i started getting drowsy. I was so into the scene(s) and story I didn’t even notice the time until I’d finished, and then I looked up at the clock, felt the stiffness in my neck and realized I also hadn’t peed in hours. Good times.

1 Like

Imagination

1 Like