What’s your opinion

When your down and someone asks if you’re ok, does it make you more sad?

( No disrespect to the people who asks the question, but when I’m down it makes me more mad because they know I’m sad and if I wanted to talk to someone, I could’ve asked)

8 Likes

Yes makes me wanna cry more

4 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

It just makes me feel a little irritated since it’s clear that I’m not okay so why ask? I get that it can be rather an awkward moment when people don’t know what to say to make you feel better but I’d rather they just not say anything than point out the obvious using a self answerable question (:

4 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Your welcome (:

1 Like

Makes me feel worse like duh clearly I’m not alright.

2 Likes

I think that if you have to ask if the person is doing fine then you already know the answer. 9/10 Im going to tell you im fine even if Im not so I dont see the point.

1 Like

It makes me cry when people ask me that, but it also makes me feel better someone noticed and cared?

2 Likes

I usually don’t mind? Sometimes I’m tired and people take that as being sad, so I do like to clear that up.

1 Like

That happens to me sometimes too.

1 Like

Thanks for answering guys, not that long ago I was sad, some random person asked if I was alright but I ended up crying more. But of course I still said thank you, while being a little irritated.

1 Like

I seriously feel irritated. Sometimes I doesn’t show it but sometimes my emotions burst

1 Like

My brain normally responds with sarcasm:
“Never been better.”
“Just f*cking dandy.”

It annoys me when I know that it’s obvious that I’m not okay and someone asks me if I’m okay, but if I can sense that I’m doing a good job of concealing my state, then I actually appreciate anyone noticing and asking how I am.

1 Like

It depends on how down I am and who is asking, but I always appreciate the concern.
If my mother asks, I don’t bother to tell her what’s wrong and I’m just saying that I am fine, because she has loads of problems herself.
When a friend asks, I’m most likely to explain :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I get asked this question usually I am actually fine. I just have one of those faces that always look sad I guess. :thinking: And I sit alone since 0% of the population like me so they always ask if I am ok and it p*sses me off because I am alone for a reason, I was doing ok until you asked me if I was ok. But even though I tell them I am ok it doesn’t stop random people from asking me if I am fine. Like my dad always asks this but I always respond like “Do I have not ok written on my head or what about me says not ok?”. I don’t care if their intentions were pure, it will still annoy me.

1 Like

“ Do I have not ok written on my head?” :joy:

Yeah we all react differently towards situations like this but I guess that’s just how we were born(And it sucks, sometimes we don’t want to talk about our feelings). Also I’m pretty sure you’re not 0% on your own, we got people on this chat that’s been in this situation.

Same with me, especially if I’m at school and my friends ask if I’m ok, not gonna lie I might’ve been mean to some of them, but I did apologize later.

1 Like

It’s okay when someone asks me once, but if they ask more I find that it’s irritating

Is that bad?

1 Like

It makes me more upset to know that others have caught on. When I’m feeling down, I don’t want people who aren’t close to me to bring it up. I just want to let it pass and cheer myself up on my own. The gesture is considerate and thoughtful, but I prefer not to have that confrontation.

1 Like