What’s your thought on fake friends?

Me neither don’t worry about it

So I had a really bad experience with fake friends which end up with me going to therapy and to be honest it was never was resolved. Now I only have one close friend but I rather 1 or 2 close friends or non at all then a bunch of fake friends. And what I learned from all of this that sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t you know where you stand.

1 Like

Fake friends are terrible and it hurts so much when you realize the person who you’ve been friends with is fake never actually cared about you. I’d much rather not have any friends them have fake friends.

2 Likes

The worst.

1 Like

Enough said.

1 Like

This is my story I had with some fake friends.

I had a really, REALLY bad illness in 4th grade, but I’m not sure if I should call it an illness or disease. Anyway, all of my so-called “friends” found out about it and just ASSUMED I would be okay with talking about it in front of everyone. On the playground one time one of my fake friends even said THE NAME of the illness loud enough for some bystanders to hear. I had completely lost it. I just started crying, ran away, and wondered what I had done to deserve all that they put me through.

1 Like

Fake friends usually want something in some of my cases they wanted access to my ex
(who to this day I’m still very good friends with) and another case was I feel they wanted to scope out the competition and see if I was a real threat to their confidence. I can see a fake friend usually after they repeatedly treat me like crap. That’s a huge tell-tale sign. Honestly fake friends are a huge waste of your energy.

1 Like

@BlackScorpioQueen I’m very sorry to hear that. But I’m sure that your an amazing person and deserve way more then those fakers! :blob_hearts:

@jpn.writes
I am also very sorry to hear that you went through this. I’m sure your an amazing person too! I hope your illness has been getting better of the years :blob_hearts:

@Briar_Rose.1017
I’m also sorry for you experience. I also feel that fake friends are people who for someone reason you don’t want to leave behind. Your always thinking “They couldn’t me this mean? I’m sure they’ve just had a bad day” you always look at them so perfectly when they’re toxic. Again if some might be extremely sorry and it’s your decision if you want to forgive them or tell them that they hurt you to much.

I hope you guys are having a good day night or morning btw

1 Like

Thank you @Minimayday

1 Like

Okay there’s two sides to this:

There’s not a lot of purpose to being a fake friend just because you want to be. It’s deceiving.

BUT there’s a difference between professional and childish.

Sometimes you actually need to be “fake” to avoid the stupid and childish drama, whether that’s with work, with school, to avoid physical fights— you actually need to if you want to remain mature. Just don’t talk to them, and just be nice when they talk to you. It’s not hard to be nice, even if it’s considered fake. You might not like your future boss at a job, so do you think you’re going to be flat out rude? It goes the same way with everyone else

But, when you’re fake to get something out of someone, that’s different. Either way, people need to know the difference between maturity and immaturity. Being mature doesn’t always mean being a “fake” is bad. Ever heard of treat others how you wanna be treated? If someone’s nice when you speak to them just to avoid being treated poorly or to potential conflicts, they’re not wrong

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.