🙋🏻‍♂️ What separates true friends from acquaintances? 🙋🏼‍♀️

I would have to say the amount of time invested in the relationship.

What are your thoughts?

9 Likes

Hm…lana gets her thinkin caps on

5 Likes

Hm, I’m not good with this but maybe it’s how they talk to each other.

4 Likes

I guess you spend time with them.

4 Likes

Yeah. Interactions are important. However, I am goofy with everyone. I don’t tell my friends much either though…hmm…

5 Likes

I spend a ton of time with coworkers but they are considered acquaintances.

5 Likes

The compatibility!

4 Likes

I feel the bond is something that separates friendship.
I feel when you have a good bond and understanding and feel good with each other.

3 Likes

I have compatible acquaintances at work.

2 Likes

I think true friends aren’t necessarily how long you’ve known them for, but how well you bond. In my opinion with true friends, you aren’t afraid to tell them anything. With acquaintances, you won’t trust them as much, so you’re more lenient with what you tell them.

Especially with acquaintances (in my opinion) I’ll be afraid of them to judge me. When I know a person, I know how they’ll react. And if they know me, they’re not so keen to judge.

4 Likes

Having a bond with anyone is really tough. Sometimes friends and acquaintances are seasonal.

1 Like

True true. :thinking:

1 Like

Oh wow. I am not concerned with other’s judgement. I feel I carry myself in a decent manner and I mind my business. I am me regardless. I do change my approach with others but I don’t compromise who I am to make others feel more comfortable.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s not exactly what I meant! :joy:

I just meant if you’re talking about a more serious topic (or opinion). I don’t hide myself from others, I just try to keep to myself in my own bubble. If I know someone well, I usually know what they’re like and if they have the same opinion as mine. I rather not start confrontation with people I don’t know, so I usually try to keep to myself with my opinions.

2 Likes

Compatibility is way more important to me, often times the time and the effort invested falls flat when you cannot cooperate with eachother regardless of how strong the bond is or how much you enjoy eachother’s company

1 Like

I understand you. I feel don’t ask my opinion if you don’t want honesty lol. Some people are more sensitive and afraid to offend others.

Sometimes others are offensive or being cumbersome with their opinion. I don’t have to agree with these people. A simple no does wonders on cutting down drama and others trying to impose their opinions.

1 Like

Sometimes it is ok if you do not get along. Friendship takes a lot of work like any relationship.

They say opposites attract. My husband and I totally opposite but it works. We grow so much together as a result of having different opinions. It is cool to debate sometimes and learn from each other. I also love when he holds me accountable vice versa.

1 Like

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. I feel that way too, if you ask for my opinion, I’ll give you how I honestly feel. :joy: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Right. I am saying you can disagree with tact. Diplomacy goes a long way. People are going to judge you regardless.

1 Like

trustable or not?
only one friend so far in my life i can still actually trust the rest… not really
so that friend is my true friend but the rest are not realy

2 Likes