What should I pick?

Hiya! I’ve been thinking of yet another interesting story plot which involves a serial killer. It’s pretty much like a murder-mystery kind of plot. It involves the MC trying to find out the killer and etc. But it might sound too cliche since it’s basically your same murder mystery story. So, I decided if I should do it in the killer’s perspective instead? On how he/she turned to the criminal life? If I do this though, I’m afraid it will “promote murder”. At the same time, the story has some involvement with depression and suicide. It might be depicted as “promoting suicide” too. But, the depression part of the story is a big part of the story. So, what should I do?

• Do the story in a cliche kind of way.
  • Do the story in a Killer’s perspective.

0 voters

…also how should I deal with the involvement of depression and suicide in the story? Should I add it in or not? :thinking:

Just add them in tastefully. For example show the after effects of committing and how its never the answer and maybe some su*cide help numbers ect.

4 Likes

Well, if I do the cliche way of the murder mystery, the MC will be depressed though. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well you could make sure to not glamourize depression since lots of people have to deal with it on a daily basis

3 Likes

Also i wouldn’t say that your first idea to have the murder mystery be from the mc pov is a cliche. If you have a really great storyline and in depth characters then it is definately not a cliche

3 Likes

But if ever I do the killer POV, will it be “promoting murder”?

3 Likes

Not if you don’t glamourize it

3 Likes

So just as long as I don’t give any satisfactory or admiration towards murder, it doesn’t promote murder?

2 Likes

Yes just as long as you don’t make the killings look like a good deed then I think it’ll be fine

3 Likes

Hold on, could we PM if you don’t mind? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Making a murder mystery story isn’t a cliche, it’s a common story theme/idea. It’s a “cliche” if you add “cliche” aspect (Idk any examples) but even if you did that’s fine and could still be a likeable story as it all depends on how you write it. So if you have an idea then go for it!

1 Like

Sure

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.