What should the theme be for the next EPISODE contest?

Hi all. I’m just a curious person who wants to know the thoughts of everyone on what the next contest should be themed on. I’m in no way in any position to make decisions for EPISODE nor do I really have a say, but I would still like to ask the reader’s community what they would prefer to see, and what the writer’s community would prefer to write in regards to a contest.

Some topics from the top of my head are:

1. Forbidden Love
  2. Mystical Creatures
  3. Prison
  4. Pride
  5. Hope/things like that
  6. Comedy

And many more!

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Cheers,
R.

Forbidden Love, Pride, and Comedy! Those would be lit.

Nice to see that you like some of my suggestions! Do you have any of your own that you would like to share? Or ones you would like to see?

Cheers,
R.

Pride sounds like a good idea. :slight_smile:

True! Pride is essential in today’s society, and in return, we should show what we pride ourselves in.
: )

Cheers,
R.

Hmm out of the 6 listed I would say Prison would be interesting… but I am leaning toward Mystical Creatures being a Fantasy - Dweeb myself.

lol yeah, I personally love prison stories and mythical creatures myself, but if you had the absolute choice, what would you have the contest be themed on? You don’t have to use a suggestion, what’s your opinion?

Cheers,
R.

I’d like to see some comedy or mystical creatures, since I have seen many love stories that have kind of started to blur together in my mind. Comedy and fantasy tend to stick out more for me.

Since the next contest deadline would presumably be in June, meaning the results would probably be announced and released early to mid July, I would love a summer themed contest.
Even though I’m originally from New Zealand and it would be winter there. But this is a California-based app running on the American system so🤷‍♀️

ha same, I’m from Australia so it would technically be Winter for Australia?

Cheers,
R.

It’s true. But if they take Northern and Southern Hemispheres into account, they’ll never have seasonal contests, and I’m all about that seasonal goodness…
(Also I live in the Norther Hemisphere now👀)

True, I don’t mind either way, as long as we get more seasonal clothing options to go along with the contest than I’m fine with it : )

Cheers,
R.

Well said, mate. Well said.

I would go with Prison, because I think it’s going to be a bit more of a challenge for some writers but the outcomes are going to be great.

I would love to see a Decade Contest were there’s like 3 decades to pick from and you can only partake in one. .

That’d be so cool! So like you can choose between the 50’s, 2000’s and the future theme for your story! That’s be sick and wicked! (I apologize if I misused those terms, I’m old)

Cheers,
R.

I think mystical creatures would be a neat contest. This is coming from a girl addicted to ALL things fantasy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There aren’t many mythical outfits so, it would be cool to see what people could come up with. :upside_down_face:

We also have that new stuff that EPISODE just released a while ago that has some leaf outfits and wings for some mythical creatures, so who knows, maybe EPISODE should do it.

Cheers,
R.

I was wondering why I didn’t see it, the new fantasy gear is in limelight. I’m still writing in ink.

Ha! PEASANT. Lol joking.

Cheers,
R.

Meanwhile I am still using Classic…

I think the decades idea sounds awesome, but if should not have a present day option. (Most stories are already set in the present.) Perhaps a gay '90s option?