What the heck are you doing episode šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Seriously Iā€™m disappointed! Not only has the unlimited passes and no adverts been taken away for many users (yes I know about the its and limited offer for different users blah blah blah) but I donā€™t know why it isnā€™t made a normal thing after all a lot of people but the package because its a good deal.

But also I canā€™t watch adverts to lower my wait time meaning Iā€™m waiting ages for my passes to refill.

The subscription for the ā€œpass free for official storiesā€ is useless to many as a lot of us donā€™t read them due to the gem choices which leads me to my next issueā€¦

Gem choices have always been very expensive especially if you take into consideration that its a younger audience that are the majority and these customers donā€™t work meaning they canā€™t earn money to pay for the gems. But now they can pay for ā€œpass free accessā€ as well as pay for gem choices.
To enjoy the full experience your looking at around Ā£20-Ā£30 if not more to fully engage and enjoy an ā€œofficial storyā€ which majority of the time are not fully completed.

Episode, read/listen to the feed back instead of sending everyone the same auto message. There are better things you can do to make money. for example the unlimited passes for all stories, a lot more players would buy that package rather than the unlimited for official stories.

Cheaper gem choices meaning more players would be more willing to buy gems because the price to pay for a choice is lower and you would get more readers by doing this, a lot of people donā€™t read official stories because of the gem choices in the first place.

44 Likes

I agree with everything! I understand they need to make money somehow, but there truly are other ways. Episode can do memberships where people can pay like Ā£3-6 a month for unlimited passes and a certain amount of gems, letā€™s say, 30 gems each month or 25 even. And keep the advert which allows us to lower the time wait. This is a lot better. A lot more people would join the subscription as itā€™s not a lot to pay each month, and it has pretty good benefits, of course, they can still have their top-up options. Right now theyā€™re becoming like any other story app.

But this is just my suggestionā€¦ ;(( I donā€™t know if anyone else would agree and even if someone agrees, I donā€™t think episode will ever consider.

8 Likes

I used to renew my subscription for unlimited passes and no ads every month, I decided to buy the new ā€˜VIPā€™ package this week to see how it faired compared to the one they have sadly removed?? And I wonā€™t be renewing, as someone who doesnā€™t read official stories, I was massively disappointed, it felt as though the only benefit was to episode, I stead of including the community authors in ā€˜unlimited passesā€™ scheme.

Sadly, I see this severely changing how I use the app, and how often I read the stories :((( very sad by this decision, seems to be a selfish one. Iā€™ve stood by many decisions, such as the new ranking system (where gems are basically compulsory to be successful) and grinned and bared it. But this has put my back right up!

Itā€™s gone from what was it? $10 for a month to what? $3.99 a week? For a package that isnā€™t half as good, only supports authors who are already being noticed by episode and is not at all helpful to unnoticed community writes?

Well at least we know what episode want, theyā€™ve made that clear :skull:

11 Likes

A friend of mine bought the VIP thing and is able to read community stories as unlimited passes with no ads along with official stories, does it not work for you with community ones as well?

3 Likes

No only official stories for no passes. Community stories do have no ads though. The old deal I used to get allowed no passes for community stories as well, that is why the ā€˜VIPā€™ subscription doesnā€™t seem as worth it :(((

It says on the advertisement that is only has free pass for official stories, I read it wrong and assumed it would be for community as well as thatā€™s how it always was, but sadly not

4 Likes

That does suck. I actually got this offer too but for 3.99 as compared to 6.99 what Iā€™ve seen other get. But there are lesser gems (20 instead of 50) Iā€™ve not purchased it or tried to because itā€™s showing in USD and not my currency. All the other offers to by gems and passes are in my currency (Indian rupees) but only this VIP thing is in. I find this little thing kind of weird and that is part of the reason I donā€™t want to buy it lol

7 Likes

Yes I got it at 3.99 too! And 20 not 50, when comparing it to the old subscription that I was loyal to every month it doesnā€™t seem worth it. Hopefully they reverse this soon :eyes:

3 Likes

I hope they come up with better offers too. Iā€™m finding this really weird that only this is in USD and everything else is in Indian rupees as usual :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah that does seem like a mistake :eyes: to be honest I just hope episode fix their game, idk whatā€™s going on lately, like I said in my above message the decisions theyā€™ve been making lately seem poor, such as increasing the importance of gem choices, and now clearly favouring official stories, oh well. It will significantly change how often I read on the app

5 Likes

@Theebee2004
@PoojaI
@Zondiewriter
How weird mine is different

5 Likes

Omggg WTH is going on??? :skull::skull: come on episode Istfg

2 Likes

Oh damn, I completely forgot they do have a subscription service ;D and oh no, why? Thatā€™s so strange! Iā€™ll check mine.

2 Likes

Honestly, at this point we should all come together and develop our own story telling app :rofl:

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t buy it anyway, but I canā€™t figure out if mineā€™s in USD or AUD which makes me too nervous to even consider buying it :rofl:

And yes, I realise the different would be like $2 but thatā€™s $2 more than Iā€™d be considering paying lol.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you. This is why I just completely ignore the official stories and only look at user stories.

5 Likes

they FORCE official stories onto us like goddamn can we breath especially new users that HAVE TO READ THEM to unlock community stories

5 Likes

I personally miss back when three things happened.

1. When you could change your phone time to cheat for full passes
  2. When you could get unlimited passes by going to the place where you would buy them, and they had the 48 hr free ticket thing.
  3. And when your passes would start going up. EX: When I read 20 chapters, I got 4 tickets every 3hrs compared to when I read 500 chapters I got 30 tickets every 3hrs
6 Likes

I think itā€™s showing USD for everyone. Idk if itā€™s some kind marketing thing lol.

Cause 3.99 USD is 290 INR. And 3 looks less than 300 so maybe theyā€™re trying to make you buy it because you think it ā€œlooksā€ less lol :joy:

2 Likes

I agree completely, I donā€™t read the episode ā€œofficial ā€œ stories only community ones. I hate the amount of gem choices for content.

There is such a wealth of talent out there and I bought the no-ads unlimited passes regularly each month, and supported the writers when I could, but I disagree with them getting gem choices for content too. I do strongly agree with and support being able to give gem for previews or support.

I know Episode needs money to function and itā€™s correct they should pay their writers but they forget that everyone is short of money at the moment and this feels like a greedy decision .

I feel Episode have forgotten that without the talented writers they have no product to sell, and without regular readers they canā€™t make money out of those writers. The readers will follow the talented writers elsewhere, there are many similar platforms now, that are cheaper.

3 Likes

In my opinion itā€™s just a bad offer. Itā€™s almost double the price per month as the unlimited passes + no ads but for less content. Iā€™ve stopped purchasing anything now and sadly, I also almost stopped reading completely now, since I just donā€™t want to waste my time watching ads. Every time Iā€™m in the mood to read, I exit the app again, cause ads. Iā€™d consider paying solely for ad free but not 4$ a week! Thatā€™s just too much, if you have to pay for passes in addition (User stories).

9 Likes