What things are you tired of seeing in a story?

I think i read tht and chose the same option…v.v seriously u have a whole house MC(or noah can sleep else where)

2 Likes

When authors throw in a gay love interest just to appeal with the gay community and that love interest has no personality except
“hey I’m gay”
“flirt here”
“flirt there”
“omg I like you now”
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

When the author of a story makes a relationship go too fast. I like slow progressing relationships, not just
Bumps into girl
‘Hot damn girly!’
‘Hey…’
‘What’s your number?’
Next day…
‘I know I’ve only known you for one day, but will you be my girlfriend?’
‘Of course!’
One week later
‘Marry me?’
It’s such a pet peeve.
Another thing I hate is the fact that the only male characters in stories, or the majority of stories on episode, are bad boys or mean or whatever. I’ve included that sort of thing in my example where they’re like ‘you smexy’ and it’s really annoying. The relationship feels ungenuine. The only time when I will accept a relationship like this is when it takes time to build up, like in the episode story Blake. It really took time to develop and be genuine and proper, I guess.

7 Likes

U reminded me of my other thing.
Bland male characters…generic bad boy generic good guy…make ur characters more complex than tht
And
Relationship/character development is a must

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all this :blush: xx

I was sooo guilty of this :joy::sweat_smile:

Boyfriend cheats on main character. Main character cries. Boyfriend apologizes. SEX. Ok things are good now.

2 Likes

When you aren’t sure how old characters are. Like their in high school but drink all the time don’t live with their parents and sleep with a boy every 1-3 nights

3 Likes

Mean girl. bad boy. good guy. gay lover. rest of the plot is school, sex, and over complicated dialogue