What to do when you know what is gonna happen next in your story but you don't know how to write it

Hey guys it’s been a long time since I have opened the fourms and even my writer portal cause I was having a writers block and now I am motivated to write my story but again I face a major problem that I have been dealing with, it’s my first story I know how my story is gonna end and what’s gonna happen but idk how to write it or how long should my epiosde be or what can I do to make my story a bit longer I’m not talking about directing or Grammer. I have published 9 episodes of my story and now I’m stuck on my 10 cause idk how to continue my story or maybe I think I took it away from my main plot in epi 9. I really need your help and advice it will really help me! All I was doing was trying to make it better but I guess idk what I will write anymore :thinking:
… Also I you guys have time please do read my story and tell me where I’m wrong and most importantly what can I do after my 9th episode. here’s a link to my story
Story- Right Through Me
Genre- drama
Chapters- 9/ more to come
Description- pain, death, loneliness, anger, revenge have paved Lily’s path of becoming one of the strongest leader. Will she get what she wants? Tables are about to turn!
Link-

image%20(4)

2 Likes

Thanks I will surely

1 Like

@Koolgal77 read this and tell

1 Like

There are some amazing writers here might help:
@mere.creates @christinadawnstories @MayLaugh @Shanties @Sparkling_Sapphire27 @Michellestories @lizzy.writes @Marshmallow_O @kiki.writes.things @elliewrites.episode @iag1690 @Faylea_A @Rose.xo_97 @Hoikan @SanetP @ALX @Rory_james @LiyahxWrites @Coolpizza

I love each and every one of them’s story :heart:

12 Likes

I’ll read you story and I will give you feedback and tips on how to continue. I’m not an expert, but I’ve been in the same predicament. Would you like my thought on this thread or in your messages?
I’ll probably get back to you tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support! :sob::heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention :see_no_evil::heart: I didn’t think anyone read my stuff much since I mostly write on wattpad now.

But I def have some tips / my own methods of story planning that I can share!

So usually for me, I get inspiration for just one part of a story and that’s where I start. I write down that main inspiration and then I kind of build the rest around that.

I begin with character development, which is crucial to any story. If your character is just average, no one is going to care about them or want to read about them. There needs to be something that makes them different or special and a reason why the reader should care about them. Maybe it’s their past, did something happen that changed them and made them a badass? Or maybe they have a special power that fascinates us and we don’t know how or why they have that power, but it’ll be answered in the story. Your characters are people and people have personalities and traits, the only difference is, you get to decide those traits!

Once I figure out my characters, I then dive into what I call a “brain dump”. I literally just open a word doc and begin listing out events in the story in bullet points. I don’t worry about if they make sense or not, I just build events up to that main inspiration that I mentioned in the beginning. But if you have a hard time doing this, think of it this way:
The beginning should introduce your characters, figure out how they make their grand entrance into the world of fiction, but still leave a bit of mystery around them. If we lay out our characters entire personality in one chapter, there’s nothing left for the reader to learn or wonder about. Then there should be a slow build up to a major event (the climax of the story), most of the time, there are tiny events that lead up to the big one, then comes the climax - that huge story changing plot point, and then comes the resolution to the climax and lastly comes a cool down from the climax - the ending to your story.

Once you have all the events of your story planned out in bullet point form, you can then begin to divide it up into chapters/episodes. Having a clear plan of events for each chapter will make it 100% easier for you to write your story and you will always know what direction your story needs to go. This also helps beat writers block because there’s no doubt about what comes next for your characters.

If you have been “winging it”, aka just writing the story as you go, don’t panic! You can make a plan now, you just have to consider the things you’ve already shown the reader and figure out how to get your story to go in the direction of your plan. That’s where your creativity comes in handy!

Ok I feel like I’m rambling now and I don’t know if any of that was helpful or even made sense but hopefully it does :joy:
Anyways, good luck! I know it’s hard, but if it was easy, everyone would be doing it :wink:
And as always, feel free to DM me if you need any more help!

Edit: jk I’m not done rambling.
I noticed you said something about making your episodes longer and/or being unsure how long they should be and I have advice about that too:
Ignore whatever you heard about how long it should be. There’s no right or wrong. There’s only - Did I get done what I needed to in order to keep the plot moving?
On wattpad they recommend chapters be 2000 words long. Do you know how many of my chapters are 2000 words long? None. I ignored the crap out of that suggestion because that’s all it is - a suggestion, not a rule. And you know what? I got over 100k reads. So my point is - DO YOU! Do what’s right for your story and ignore the suggestions!

4 Likes

Omg this really helpful, thank you so much :heart_eyes: @Sakshi13 These are really helpful points :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the help I am using your advice to make my story better oh and if you have time please do check out my story and read epi 9 if you can help plz do!

1 Like

I would love to please tell what you think and do tell me when you read the story and what you think about it

Thank you so much @Koolgal77 :sneezing_face::heart::hugs:

1 Like

This is so helpful and true. Sometimes if I’m just at work and an idea pops in my head, I write it down immediately. I have so many messy notes in my book. But you tend to forget and once you read it again it all flows back to you.
I would also say if you get stuck, just take a breather, drink some tea. If you over think, that’s all you end up focusing on. :heart:

4 Likes

Thankyou girl​:weary::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much girly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

1 Like

Thank you for your support! New episode on the way :heart::heart:
BTW you just made my day, thank you!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

You’re welcome, and I can’t wait to read :heart_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.