What turns you away from a story?

My story has vampires so that tells me fantasy. But it has drama, mystery, romance etc. So I guess fantasy it is. :woman_shrugging: I thought episode could use another good vampire story lol the only good ones I’ve found are Bite My Tongue and Eat Me Up.

3 Likes

Bad directing and bad grammar.
I can enjoy cliche stories, but not when I already can tell what is going to happen :joy:

6 Likes
  • Consistent grammar issues that make the story unreadable
  • Consistent directing and layer issues that are jarring and distract from what I’m supposed to be focusing on
  • When the story starts changing and diverts from the plot they described in their description
  • Stereotypes that aren’t really build on. They’re just one thing, but nothing else.
3 Likes

Bad grammar is definitely what drives me crazy.

2 Likes

All of these bother me too! Thanks for sharing :blush:

Me too. I totally understand that not every author is English (I’m not even English myself), but proofreaders exist and maybe even the Internet can help you? :joy:

A little bit doesn’t bother me, like, I can look past that. But when its every other line… nope can’t do it! Thanks for your feedback. It definitely helps out with my story.:kissing_heart:

1 Like

In all honesty…rude authors. “There’s no customization so deal with it or leave the story” (just an example- customization doesn’t bother me)

2 Likes

This is only in episode stories, but excessive gem choices. You either show up to school in a ball gown or a potato sack, no in between. The story Instant Princess really confused me because it seemed like an episode featured story (as in they used hairs and outfits not released to everyone else) and it had some of the “oh you could drive to this place in a crappy car oR you could ride in a private airplane omg!!!” Choices, but it wasn’t a gem choice, just two options. Confused me? Yes. But I enjoyed the story 10000% more that I wasn’t being asked to spend 30 gems on a dress.

2 Likes

Pregnancy thrown in for pure drama, and cringey and unoriginal cliches are turn offs to me. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Not going to lie, if cover is bad :thinking:

4 Likes

pregnancy and gangs/mafia. pregnancy mainly though – if the MC gets pregnant (when she’s a teen or clearly is not ready for a child), I will stop reading immediately

3 Likes

Toxic love interests.

3 Likes

I don’t like customising the love interests. I prefer for them to remain as the author originally intended.

2 Likes

Bad boys and the “nerdy” girl. So unoriginal and predictable “oh, the popular bad boy falls in love with the basic, loner, nerd girl, didn’t see that coming.” Please avoid this if you’re going to write a story :woman_facepalming::blue_heart:

Clingy ex’s, like seriously go away and let me be happy, stop trying to get yourself involved in my life, get over it like a normal person and move on, oh my :joy:

5 Likes

My story is far from this! The bad boy and nerdy girl cliche gets on my nerves too lol
Same with the clingy ex!

1 Like

Innit, it does my head in. Especially the clingy ex trying to ruin my relationship between me and the LI, making up all these lies and causing unnecessary drama, makes me wanna quit reading :woman_facepalming::joy:x

1 Like

I absolutely hate that!!! And then it takes episodes to resolve all of it! What genre do you prefer?

1 Like

Bad grammar, bad spelling, bad directing, short episodes, cliche plot, cliche characters, bad cover, abusive/toxic love interests.

3 Likes