What type of contest are you all hoping for?

What contest would you all want after the current one finally ends? What would you want the prompt (because we actually want one this time) and genre to be? :grinning:

2 Likes

I would want a horror-themed story. And the requirements like MC must be in a life-threatening situation lmao.

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted a prompt that forces writers to stray from the “overly fragile female MC” and “rugged bad boy who’s actually just verbally abusive” types. Maybe something where you’re rewarded for playing as a person with honesty, integrity and kindness. No idea how that would manifest into a prompt, though!

2 Likes

I agree!!

The previous hero contest might have done that, but Im not sure because I didnt read the entries.

1 Like

a theme related to thriller or horror, with mystery! :ghost:

1 Like

Maybe a dystopian contest of sorts?? I feel like there would plenty to play around with there and I don’t think they’ve done it before :thinking:

2 Likes

yes!!! this!! horror please!! XD

2 Likes

Horror would be awesome. But if so, I want to see a no LI requirement. Which they’d probably never do. :laughing:

2 Likes

100% leave romance out of it for once. lol

2 Likes

Here are some themes I hope we can one day have:

• Touring a country: Have a story that is all about a character who decides to go visit a country and construct a story all around their adventures in their visit. Would be lovely if we had stories that are outside America like South East Asia, Oceania, Middle East, etc.

• Body switch: A story about two characters who switch bodies. Would be funny if we had a daughter and mom switch bodies and the whole sitcom on how they experience and understand each other’s struggles.

• Revolves around a building: Have the main plot of the story take place only in a building (eg. Library) and that is the criteria. The story must only take place within that location. For example, let’s say there’s a huge competition taking place in a library and whoever comes out of the library wins, but it’s rigged with death traps and it ends up into a horrible death game for the rich (example inspired by Squid Game).

4 Likes

Looove this idea!

Or anything sci-fi/fantasy. Its ALWAYS romance or drama unfortunately.

2 Likes

A lot of winners of the Another World (I think? It’s short for AW) have this dystopian world theme in it.
I like that kind of contests that forces you out of your comfort zones, where the scope is more precise and is a theme rarely touched by the average author. Kinda like a challenge.

Personally, I would like to see stories focusing more on platonic relationships. Friends, family, siblings, or maybe even married couples whose crazy love is sort of smothered out.

Two MC’s being good friends stranded on an island… Sounds like a lot of stuff can go right (or wrong) there :eyes: If you get what I mean :thinking:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a few authors took that idea first :joy: and among them is Switch by Alusza. It’s quite popular the last time I checked :eyes:

3 Likes

Ah I don’t usually participate in contests so I must’ve missed it although it would be nice where it’s a sort of main theme throughout the contest

1 Like

I would love a horror mixed with a dystopian theme it would be a really intresting contest

1 Like

Oh really? Will check it out right now!

Aaaaand…the genre is Romance Not that anyone is surprised…! and the prompt is basically asking for the enemies-to-lovers trope! :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Maybe nextime…

1 Like