What type of Episode Stories do you like?

1. What’s your favorite genre of story to read, and why? (Ex: Romance, Comedy Etc)
I like those action/comedy stories (eg I despise you, loco amor, Assasins of blackwood, kidnapping prince charming…such kind) Mainly because i find them really fun and also cuz I HATE the typical high school drama :roll_eyes:
2. Do you like romance to be the main point of the story, more of something low-key and in the background, or none at all?
I like it both ways, but moreover i prefer it to be not the main point but kind of side-by-side
3. How do you feel about love triangles? (Yes, no, maybe so :joy: ) and why ?
A 100000 TIMES YES!!!
4: Classic, Ink, Limelight. Which is your favorite, and does the style change how you feel about a story? Would you read a story in a style other than in the style you like ?
I like classic more but limelight is also great. No, it doesn’t really change my liking for a story…it’s just that the story should keep me curious and interested.
5. Do you prefer stories that have dark or serious story lines or not so dark and not serious stories? And why ?
I’d say kinda a mix of both. It should not be completely serious
6. What are things you can’t stand in a story ? And why ?
Uhhhhhh that typical high school drama, that REALLY DUMB MC, when the guy keeps on saying “i’m not good enough for you” ( sorry if it came out wrong :sweat_smile: but understand my emotions here…)
7. How long do you like stories to be? Chapter length and how many episodes overall in a story? And why ?
I think the chapters should be long and it should have max 30 episodes cuz sometimes some stories reach 60+ episodes and it feels like the author is uselessly extending it (no offence to anyone…,.,:sweat_smile:)
8. What elements make a story good?
Proper grammar, and that the story line should make sense ( I hope u you understand what i mean lol). And i like a story more if the characters and the situations somehow are relatable to real life…like their behaviour should be relatable
9: Any coding threads, sites, or videos that helped you. (Ex: @JosephEvans , @Dara.Amarie, @Apes, or anyone) If you have the links and stuff please put them here!
When i was planning to write a story joseph evans’ vids helped a lot…but as you know me writing a story never happened…
10: If you have a story out why not link it here! What’s it about ?
I don’t have a story yet :pensive:

2 Likes

1. What’s your favorite genre of story to read, and why? (Ex: Romance, Comedy Etc)

I like any genre, so long as the directing’s on point.

2. Do you like romance to be the main point of the story, more of something low-key and in the background, or none at all?

I like romance in moderation. Personally, I love all that mutual pining, will-they-won’t-they, angsty crap again if it’s done well and if all the drama isn’t caused by stupid misunderstandings (e.g. MC heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend that LI kinda-maybe-sorta cheated on her and she immediately overreacts like wtf???)

3. How do you feel about love triangles? (Yes, no, maybe so :joy:) and why ?

Not really, I guess. Personally, I feel bad for the guys that are fighting over the girl. It’s like, have some self-respect, maybe?

4: Classic, Ink, Limelight. Which is your favorite, and does the style change how you feel about a story? Would you read a story in a style other than in the style you like ?

I like INK and LL. Probably not, haha.

5. Do you prefer stories that have dark or serious story lines or not so dark and not serious stories? And why ?

I like dark stuff, yeah. Happy-go-lucky, cutesy fluff gets old real fast.

POOR DIRECTING! You don’t have to do crazy, over-the-top advanced directing to make a good story, just make it clean and give it a nice flow.

Also, stories that make zero sense when it comes to pacing!

Also, also, overuse of the laugh_crackup animation. I mean, there are ones for giggling and chuckling, you know, maybe use them sometimes? It’s like, CHARACTER1 says something mildly amusing and CHARACTER2 just cracks up out of nowhere.

7. How long do you like stories to be? Chapter length and how many episodes overall in a story? And why ?

I like things in moderation.

For me, it’s:

1. Aesthetically-pleasing directing
  2. Good grammar
  3. Friendships that actually make sense and take their time instead of future BFF bonding with MC on, like, the first day
  4. Ditto for relationships
  5. Aesthetically-pleasing clothing. Uhhh, no offence, but I’ve been subjected to the writer’s atrocious fashion sense in some unmentionable stories :roll_eyes:

9: Any coding threads, sites, or videos that helped you. (Ex: @JosephEvans , @Dara.Amarie, @Apes, or anyone) If you have the links and stuff please put them here!

Other than these guys, no, not really.

It’s a work in progress

3 Likes

I love romance and drama …

Romance should not mean that the story is just sex,sex,sex…it should have it’s ups and downs but romance too

Love triangles are not too interesting sometimes but I like it…if the directing is good

I always read LIMELIGHT stories…and I don’t know why but I don’t read other stories although I feel ink n classic are also good

I like both! Lol :blush:

No offence, but I can’t stand errors in dialogues and poor directing… although I respect every story and the efforts the writer puts in it…

I like loooong episodes but a story should have maximum 40 episodes… according to me …

Good directing, real emotions, depicting social causes, length of episodes( doesn’t matter much but it should not be tooo short! )

@JosephEvans
@Dara.Amarie
( I just saw these! )

I have a story which I wrote long back but I myself don’t like it… it’s in ink…
Name: MY LOVERS
Author: Victoria
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4795846687784960

2 Likes

My favorite genres are Fantasy and Mystery. I love brain-stimulating stories. Reading this kind of stories usually take me away from reality. Well-written mysteries are a huge turn-on, especially those with unexpected plot twists. Regardless, I’m open to read any genre, as long as the story is interesting and well-written.

If the genre is Romance, then I’m good. I’m also good with romance in other genres, as long as the romance part does not overshadow the main plot of the story. I honestly like stories with multiple genres.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I’m okay with realistic love triangles.

My personal favorite is Ink. When I first used Episode, Ink was still a fresh style. I also love Limelight (but some of the animations are a bit weird for me). As for Classic, I used to be one of those people who loved Classic so much. But my love for Classic has already faded.

I don’t mind whether a story is written in Classic, Ink, or Limelight. I am happy to read a well-written story despite its art style.

I’m open to read both serious and lighthearted stories. However, there are stories which forcefully add serious and dark themes, even though it does not exactly fit the original plot.

Poor grammar, poor directing, two-dimensional characters, uninteresting and abusive LI’s, perfect characters, poorly-made stereotypical characters, unnecessary narration, wrong execution of diversity

I’m a sucker for long episodes, a chapter that lasts for 10-15 minutes. As for the number of episodes, I think that depends on how the plot unfolds. There are authors who unnecessarily extend the story, while there are also others who rush their stories. I don’t care about the number of episodes as long as the plot development goes smoothly.

Character development, interesting plot, good grammar, three-dimensional characters, good directing, diversity (not only in race, but also in terms of personality, financial and social status, family structure, and many more)

9: Any coding threads, sites, or videos that helped you. (Ex: @JosephEvans , @Dara.Amarie,@Apes, or anyone) If you have the links and stuff please put them here!

Honestly, they’re the only ones I’m familiar with.

I’m currently working on a story, but I haven’t published it yet.

4 Likes

I love those stories too! :heart: And i hate those high school cliche things. At least make it different :joy:

2 Likes

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!! :heart: Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response :heart:

1 Like

Definitely will be using this to help me! Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah seriously…how do you even expect your stories to get interesting when literally there are an hundred same stories…but such stories still get many reads tho lol

2 Likes

I like mystery, thriller, romance, drama, fantasy and bascially all genres. I don’t Really have a preference.
More of something low-key. I like When there’s romance But it’s Also fun to see stories were the romance isn’t the focus.
I hate them. They make me stressed and I Also hate When a author favours a love interest because it kinda ruins the point of multiple love interests. I just don’t Like love triangles at all and most love triangles aren’t written that Well.
I prefer Ink a bit More than Limelight. If it’s A good story I might even read it in Classic. Two of My favourite stories are written in Classic.
5. Do you prefer stories that have dark or serious story lines or not so dark and not serious stories? And why?
I like Both. Dark stories are a bit interesting to read while lighter stories can be fun too. I’ve read More light stories lately.
I can’t stand When the directing and grammar is really bad. I hate way too short chapters and I’m usually not a fan of stories with More than one love interest.
I prefer longer stories because there’s More to read. I prefer Reading stories with 20+ chapters. And honestly, unless there’s unecessary drama and things like that, O can read a story with 70+ chapters. Also, I hate When the chapters are less than 7-8 minutes long. If a chapter is 2-5 minutes, I feel like I’ve just wasted a pass.
Idk.
Joseph Evans and Dara.amarie were a big Help When I started writing. I Also used to search up My questions in the forums if there was something I didn’t get and hoped someone there had the answer.
I’m too lazy to say what it’s about and link it.
But I have a couple of stories, Two of them are discontinued. I have on that’s Called Fatal tears (on hold) and one that’s Called Captive Desire.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response :two_hearts:

2 Likes

1. What’s your favorite genre of story to read, and why? (Ex: Romance, Comedy Etc) : I like comedy, action, romance, fantasy.

2. Do you like romance to be the main point of the story, more of something low-key and in the background, or none at all?: if it’s a romance story than I like it to be the main point but if not than something low key is nice.

3. How do you feel about love triangles? (Yes, no, maybe so :joy:) and why ? : yes

4: Classic, Ink, Limelight. Which is your favorite, and does the style change how you feel about a story? Would you read a story in a style other than in the style you like ? : I love INK for some reason I can’t stand the other two

5. Do you prefer stories that have dark or serious story lines or not so dark and not serious stories? And why ? sometimes when they aren’t too offensive and are accurate

6. What are things you can’t stand in a story ? And why ? LL and when there is a doppelganger. That’s when I stop reading :woman_shrugging:

7. How long do you like stories to be? Chapter length and how many episodes overall in a story? And why ? I don’t care as long as they are good and make sense

8. What elements make a story good? when what the characters are saying makes sense, when the story doesn’t move to quickly or too slowly, cliff hangers, an actual story, a mc that has a defined personality like shy, smart, independent, strong, powerful, tough, weak, etc along with other traits that only other characters have

1 Like

I agree with 5,6,7, and 8

2 Likes

Thank you for the amazing response ! :heart: ily

1 Like

Lyt

Me, bringin’ my weird ass in to answer these questions as if I represent the norm:

Urban fantasy and/or dystopian. If a writer can pull off both, 12/10. But I’ll settle for drama. I’ll click on anything set after 2000 AD that has a plot beyond “boy meets girl.”

Ehh, I’d try any of the three, but there has to be something going on other than just the couple getting together. Take Bad for my Heart by Michaela Bri, for example. It focuses on the main couple, but there’s also a whole lot going on. But I’d definitely also read low-key or none.

I can’t remember the last time I was ever drawn in by a love triangle, in professional books or in Episode stories. Not even in my Twilight days. I’ve generally made my choice right off the bat. I barely have the emotional capacity for one character, let alone two lmao.

Limelight without a doubt, because I’m new lmao. I’m a little prejudiced against Ink because I’ve read some very meh-quality stories with millions of views in Ink, but that’s not the style’s fault. Ink definitely doesn’t stop me from reading a story, though, many of my favourites happen to be in Ink anyway. I tried to read Classic once, I couldn’t take those faces seriously. Sorry. :innocent:

Dark and serious all day every day! If I wanted light stuff, I’d sate my short attention span and read a meme instead.

Oh noooo, friend, don’t get me started. D: Careless grammar, flat characters, poor researching, unrealistic events/reactions, poor worldbuilding, anachronisms, careless directing, PREGNANCY ARCS CLICHES SLOW PLOT EXCESSIVE CAMEOS -systems overload- :exploding_head:

Chapter length: Uhhhhhh enough. :+1: Like 10 mins? Maybe 15? 20 is pushing it. I got stuff to do.
Story length: You’ll be hard-pressed to get me invested in anything less than 20 episodes. And you’ll be hard-pressed to keep my attention after 60 episodes. I still got stuff to do.

The opposite of the things I said in question 6. :+1: Attention to detail, enough action/drama to keep my interest without being classless, round and realistic characters, raw emotions, creative ideas, that kind of thing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9: Any coding threads, sites, or videos that helped you. If you have the links and stuff please put them here!
Just the basics. Got my toes wet binge-watching Joseph Evans until my accent changed. Every coding question I’ve had since, I’ve been able to solve by lurking the forums.

Nothing yet. I’m working on a variety-pack kind of story, a collection of tiny stories and minigames. Mostly to teach myself to code before I launch into my pride and joy, an Episode remake of the best novella I’ve ever written. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Estimated release date: 2022. :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Love it! Be weird we love weird :joy::heart::100:

1 Like

Accurateeee

1 Like

Drama and Mystery because I often find them well done. Drama, but not baby daddy/mean girl drama, I despise them.

Unless I’m reading a story that’s in the romance genre, making romance the main plot would mean that your story is in the wrong genre… so… :eyes:

Two words: wasted potential. If love triangles wasn’t always about MC not knowing which guy to pick while dating with them at the same time, I would like it more. And this boring trend of “Oh so mysterious and hot!” and “Oh so sweet and kind!” love interests are annoying.

Nope, the style doesn’t change how I feel about the story, I will read stories in any style :slightly_smiling_face:

It depends on the story, I prefer light hearted stories sometimes and serious stories sometimes… It just matters, I guess.

Rude MC’s disguised under “badass”
A “you” story (full CC for MC) forcing readers to go through things without choices
Boring love interests “you’re not like other girls” :nauseated_face:
Extreme use of slang that turns the story into a circus show

40+ episodes are unnecessary imo. Unless it’s multiple seasons in one story, but then again, a LOT of people drag their plot for more episodes (esentially more money…) so I don’t read long stories. I prefer minimum 10 minutes and maximum 20 minutes in an episode.

Unique plot/cliche with a twist
Characters’ personalities being shown through dialogues (THIS IS SO GOOD)
Glitch-free directing
Usage of filters/sounds/music

Basically everyone you mentioned.

2 Likes