What websites do you artist use to make your covers?

(IM WORKING ON A NEW COVER BUT CANT FIND ANY GOOD SITES FOR FREE) im always browsing for sites but they’re horrible asf & dont look good, so website suggestions for editing photos and creating covers ? i’d really appreciate it & i usually use picsart

5 Likes

I use Procreate, but thats only on IOS and costs money, what I used before is Autodesk Sketchbook, that worked pretty good for me. A lot of people also use Ibis paint, I heard that one is really good too.

6 Likes

Removebg: Removing backgrounds
Iloveimg: Cropping images
I use Canva to actually position the characters and put them all together.
I’ve also done a bit of experimenting with Inpaint to remove objects from backgrounds; it seems to be okay

I also use IbisPaintX to draw but I don’t make covers with it

4 Likes

thank you :heart:

2 Likes

ohh okay im about to try those sites, thanks alot

2 Likes

I use procreate, not free though, but very cheap and definitely worth it :star_struck: I have heard ibis paint is also very good and it’s free. MediBang is also a good program which u can get on both phone/tablet and computer

2 Likes

yeah to make my cover i used a combination of pixabay (for the actual cover background), pixlr (to remove the bg of the characters after screenshotting their pose from the episode app), and then canva to upload the characters and put everything together with the title & author text

i also noticed that when i download things off of canva sometimes (for me) the quality is a little low so i use any free quality increaser website to fix that (all of these websites are free btw)

2 Likes

Hmm, when it comes to actual websites, like others said, I also use canva since positioning some stuff there is very helpful :> but I generally use Medibang Paint (an app on my iPad that is free) and it’s very useful so I can make art. I’ve only made 1 cover though, which is of my own story, but it works.

I also use various royalty free websites when I want to look for backgrounds

4 Likes

I use medibang for the cover, and Phonto for the text on the cover (they have pretty good fonts imo)

2 Likes

For IOS, Ibis Paint X, iArtbook, and Medibang and seriously great. for a desktop, i HIGHLY recommend Krita! when i draw on my laptop, thats my go to.

2 Likes

I use Procreate (iOS app) for the art and editing side of things, occasionally for more simple art and editing I’ll use Art Studio (iOS app). I use Phonto (app) for titles and text overlays, I use Unsplash, Pexels and Pixabay (websites+apps) for free backgrounds but I also use Daz Studio (PC program) for rendering poses and backgrounds/overlays too. For filters I use PicsArt.

2 Likes

I use ibispaintx for drawing and editing characters, it has the text feature so yoy can add your desired text with the desired font too

2 Likes

I use Pixabay and my own fotos to get backgrounds and overlays. To edit I use Gimp and PicsArt.

1 Like

I use autidesk sketchbook(app), and krita(pc)

2 Likes

Well I use procreate (paid) that’s only for ios and ibis paint x (free) that’s available on all devices. Both programs as applications