What went wrong here?

I don’t know what went wrong here. The branch format is exactly the same with line 1574 but it only shows an error on line 1666. Can someone identify the error for me?

1 Like

The extra bracket next to “elif” just remove it and it should work.

1 Like

Which one? If you mean (THEA) , that one is the flag.

1 Like

Actually there’s something wrong in the script so open the “THEO” bracket and take a look at it if you dont find the problem show me and lets fix it.

1 Like

The red underline is a spelling error. It’s a name which does not exist in the dictionary, that’s why it’s considered a spelling error.
The only possibility I can think of is that there’s a scene change in the branch. I don’t know whether that it affects the branch commands or not.

2 Likes

There might be a coding error that doesn’t show up since it is inbetween brackets. Try copying it in a blank story or try and find the error within the brackets.

1 Like

sometimes the error is within the branch. but it may show that there are no matching brackets. check if you have any errors within the branch.

1 Like

Okay, I don’t exactly know why but when I break down the branches into smaller ones that fits one background, it just solves the case.
So apparently you can’t switch scenes inside a bracket. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Still, thanks to everyone that tried to help!

1 Like

It sounds like you had a background name right before the end bracket, in which case you need to add something else right after the background in the same way you cannot have just the background name at the end of the script without anything after it.

So if you had this:

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY
}

You would have needed to just add something between the background and the bracket like this

INT. BACKGROUND - DAY
@command here
}

1 Like

Here’s the thing: the last line before the bracket is a thought bubble. The background name is inserted in the middle of the branch instead of the last line.

1 Like

Then there must have been another reason for the error because you definitely can have a scene change inside of brackets.

1 Like

This is going to sound funny: I pasted the old script into the lines again… Surprisingly it worked. I don’t know why it showed a bracket error yesterday but not today.

1 Like