What were some pet peeves you had in school?

Like do you not see me writing with my left hand?

1 Like

people i’ve been in the same class with for like 4 years still say that i’m like have you been high this whole time?

Im adding this into mine …

1 Like

1 My school is apparently a safe place for LGBT+ but I feel like TOO many people are comfortable with saying homophobic and transphobic slurs. Not only that, but my school has areas of study, mine being nursing. NURSING STUDENTS, those who will be future nurses, students, etc. are often saying the most disgusting things about trans people. Wow. That’s fun.
2. Mental health is completely ignored. Going to a magnet school has a sh*tload of downsides. One is expected to just do a ton of homework without worrying about our health, any aspect of our health. We are free to choose what types of class we want, but even with all regular classes (and EIGHT class periods), you will always be overworked. We do have counselors and staff members to talk to if we need it, but I literally don’t see anything addressing the issues. School DOES put people in a dark place.
3. Entitled Kids Not to be surprised, but the athletes at my school are completely the opposite of how they’re portrayed in the media. To be honest, most kids at my school are pretty nice and very respectful towards staff and students. But, there’s always those few kids who think they’re above you. Even when they do things wrong. Even when they’ve been punished for doing wrong things. ETC. ETC. They feel so entitled to tell you their often offensive or inappropriate opnions and talk down on you. Like when we leave this place in a couple of months for college and jobs, are you going to have the same energy? HM?

2 Likes

My science teacher says that and when I’m late and he ask why I’m just like “The bell doesn’t tell me when to go to class” :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Bump!

• Doing group projects, I enjoy working by myself. I hate when other teammates would take credit for something they didn’t do.
  • Loud classmates
  • Disrespectful classmates to the teacher, especially to subs. I, till this day don’t understand why people would be so rude to them. They were so nice and always did what they were suppose to do. My heart would break.
  • Getting randomly picked to read out loud in front of everyone. Ugggh, worst feeling ever.
  • Kids playing music from the speaker of their backpack real loud.
  • Getting asked if they could copy my paper.
3 Likes

omg, you have no idea!!! (Being asked to let people copy my work)

I remember in 9th grade, there was this packet we had to do and I finished the whole packet in 5 hours!! I was so fustrated and tired :sob:

And then friend told me to take pictures of all the papers in my packet and send it to her. I said no to her (text message) and she said okay.

Then the next day, during lunch, she brought her packet with her and asked to copy all my work. I was pissed off, but because I was have a really nice soul, I let her copy. Idk why I did that but if could, I would’ve said no.

I don’t really care if people ask for homework answers if it was like 1 or 2 pages. But if it was a whole packet, so I’m not letting you copy. :expressionless:

1 Like

People blowing there noses super loud innclass on purpose

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes with packets you think you’ve done all of it but you haven’t, or something came up and you couldn’t do it. But if you have the time to do the work and not copy, there really is no excuse.

1 Like

People walking so close behind you that they’re stepping on your heels and breathing on you

2 Likes

Gum smackers.

My teachers have this thing where they will pick out students who accidentally make eye contact with them and it irritating…

I also hate it when they refuse to accept how you work something out e.g:

7+9
Take one from the 9 and give it to the 7 so that gives you 8+8
8+8=16.

I REALLLLLLLLLLLY hate it when students have this hatred to you when you only BREATHED in their general direction, Like pls give up…

Oh and when someone walks right infront of you and refuses to walk quicker and takes up the entire hall

And people wonder why i have such a bad attitude :confused:

I disagree with this, for me, it is easier for me to figure out 8+8, than 7+9. If you know that 8*2 is 16, then it might be faster to figure out than 7+9, and finding a different way to do things that are more your style and an easier way for you to understand, is much better than trying a method that you’re bad at.

1 Like

My least favorite thing about school is well…seeing people

2 Likes

I don’t know how you would be able to do that! It just kills me. When people ask if I finished I just say no then turn it in. I always feel so under pressure when they ask though, I usually have this awkward pause then answer. I’ve done a packet before but it was due in like a week and god no I didn’t let a single person copy. Afterwards I felt so bad since I didn’t help anyone out. THE STRUGGLE

I’ve seen these kids in both junior high and high school.

1 Like

Bare minimum students. I’m in my second semester of senior year and I STILL see people not doing homework or doing the lowest of low to pass. Some people have already turned 18 since fall. Are y’all gonna have the SAME energy when we go to college or start working? You can’t be lazy asf like you are here.

2 Likes

I hate when a couple of boys see you in the hallway and be like “hey, my friend likes you” or “hey, he thinks you’re cute” just because they wanna make humor out of it :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless: like no, it’s annoying af.

3 Likes

Teachers who just fly out those detentions like dollar bills …

I mean , they see your lips move , SEPERATED LEARNING !

•when subs be like : “I’m certain you don’t treat your usual teacher like this”
Actually, there’s something called mood… We can have happy days , we can have glum days

•when you give them a 3 paragraphs long reason on why you didn’t do the homework and all they get is "Didnt do homework " then ignore the rest …

Wait , these are rants… Oh welp, here’s a pet peeve :

When someone says something in class, I be sitting there , waiting for them to finish so I can prove how wrong they are :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hated PE and so did my parents, so they’d weite notes saying I was sick and I got to sit out. Sadly, there was this one PE teacher who forced me to do it. I hated her.

I hated it when teachers called on me, so when they were looking around the classroom and I didn’t want to answer, I dropped my book on the floor.

3 Likes