What would you do if you secretly received a million dollars?

save it for uni & an apartment in new york city :white_heart:

2 Likes

If i had 1million dollars, I’d get my future home for starters.
I never really wanted much.
Not a mansion (Because I’m scared of someone breaking in)
But my home would have 1930s interior.

Like this

My home

Screenshot_2020-09-01-13-34-29~2

Screenshot_2020-09-01-13-42-15~2

Then I’d buy all the clothes I desire.

Clotges I desire

After that I’d just live with the love of my life .I wouldn’t tell them about the money tho.
Considering I live in a pretty average place.

I’d then give my family all (my mom, my dad my brothers and my grandma)
Some money for their financial needs.

And with the left over money I’d spend it on my kids if I have any.
And I’d donate the test of the money to protests and causes for people in need.
And it would be alot of money left.
So I’d try to donate to all of them. As much as I can
And try to get as much protest and health causes.
I want to focus on trying to give support to all of them

2 Likes

i’d buy all the shrek merchandise i could find

3 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

This is a good plan I might actually consider following it.

1 Like

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Well, you can’t really live extravagently off a million dollars despite what people think. Cost of living is high nowadays and you would have to live off 30,000 dollars a year for the million dollars to last a while. That’s not bad, it’s more than a lot of people but it’s not really enough to live in luxury without working. So the smart thing would do is to invest and hope you make more.

4 Likes

That is right. Depending on where you live, a shack can cost half a million dollars.

1 Like

Yeah, especially in places like California! It’s kind of funny when I hear people talking about buying luxury cars and mansions if they get a million dollars. After taxes, I think you’re only left with 300,000 dollars unless you got drug money or something :roll_eyes: :sob:

1 Like

Not drug money. :joy::joy:Think of a long lost rich cousin.

1 Like

I’d invest a few thousand into a side business as well as go off to school and get my masters degree after I’m done with my bachelors here.

I wouldn’t buy a home yet though, maybe just start renting a place since I haven’t started a family or anything yet, I just think that’s kind of a waste to buy an entire house and then have to get a bigger one a few years later. So for now just put it towards school and investments as well as help my family with expenses and bills.

3 Likes

That is smart.

1 Like

Well, you still have to pay taxes after you get it or else the government is coming for you! :sob:

1 Like

What about a million dollars after taxes? Or, or you gotta go live in a random country where the money is available :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Then I’d probably buy off a small house and a nice, but cheap car so any future money I earn is only paid for water bills, electricity, etc…I don’t plan on having kids so the money would last me a while. I’ll still work but it’d be a job I enjoy rather than needing the money. I’d invest too but only a couple hundred thousand, I don’t think you need to invest a lot of money to get rich.

1 Like

A million dollars really isn’t that much. A tiny one-bedroom apartment in NYC can cost that much.

I’d invest the money somewhere, give some to my parents to buy another house and rent it out to make more money. Once it’s time for college, I would pay for that with my money. I’d definitely donate some of it.

I think if I kept investing it and saving it up, I would have a lot more money, especially if I got a job. Eventually, once I had enough money saved up (and a husband to help pay for it), I would buy my dream house (a large, but not too large modern home with a big open property near a lake in upstate New York), which would probably cost about 2 mil total, but I wouldn’t pay it all at once, sooo it’s kinda less. I’d also love to travel the world and go to all the countries I haven’t been (in no particular order, the countries I most want to travel to are: Australia, Japan, and Italy)

2 Likes

I’d also get a hairless cat cus they expensive and I want one for some reason lol.

1 Like

Yeah. It is easy to make money when you already have money. :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

That is cool.

1 Like