What would you like to see in a fantasy story?

Hi guys! I am new to the forums, so excuse my lack of knowledge about them.

I wanted to ask, as a reader or a writer, what would YOU like to see in a fantasy story? What are you tired of seeing? What choices would you love to have? Are there any tropes you’re sick of?

Tell me all your fantasy story opinions. I am planning a fantasy story and I would like the community input to help make it something people actually want to read.

5 Likes

I think I’d like to see more imagination and maybe less focus on the romance because I feel like every fantasy story’s other main genre is romance. But that’s my opinion.

10 Likes

With no romance at all or more like romance as a subplot? Asking for curiosity :smiley:

3 Likes

Hm, a bit of romance is okay. You can do what ever you want though too.

3 Likes

a girl falling in love with a vampire or a werewolf is overrated. i want to see a boy falling in love with a supernatural girl!

i would love to see more realistic witches too:)

10 Likes

What would you describe as a more realistic witch? :woman_mage:

2 Likes

Exactly what i would say. Kinda bored with vampire romances and falling in love with an alpha. Fantasy is my favourite genre so yeah it would be nice to see writers stretch their imaginations.

7 Likes

Noted! :blush:

1 Like

I want an actual fantasy story. dating werewolf or vampire is not fantasy. its a supernatural romance

8 Likes

Anything APART from vampires or wolves :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

A unique fantasy creature

3 Likes

No vampires or werewolves, I don’t think there’s anything I dislike more than them.
Maybe something inspired by greek/roman mythology would be interesting :thinking:

6 Likes

Isekai stories.

“I’m trapped in another world!! help1!!!” basically. But, like, no more medieval age isekais. Please.

To be honest anything but medieval stories, We have so much of those!

3 Likes

Hello @Ashtory, I’m Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Episode Fan Community since it doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

2 Likes

I hear you!

1 Like

My idea for the story seems to be an isekai, but I didn’t know what that really was until you mentioned it here :joy:

So would you like to see a fantasy set in a more modern setting?

2 Likes

Thanks Sydney! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yes… kind of? Not very medieval is enough. Like 1800s for example.

2 Likes

I want more alien stories desperately

2 Likes

Thanks. Glad I found someone who agrees (not that I know many who don’t).

2 Likes