What would you like to see more in episode stories?

The title says it all lol I think a diverse character background and representation of minorities should be present more in stories. I’m writing a fantasy and action story with it as well. Drop your opinion below as it will help not only me but others as well with writing stories! No hate is allowed! (please & thank you.)

3 Likes

Not so much um- “bad boy” stories. I would like to see mystery and horror stories. Not all episode stories need to be about falling in love lol.

4 Likes

I think it’s easier for most people to write about romance because they know it and are familiar with it lol so it’s easier. With horror and mystery I think the writer needs to have a specific niche to write that genre. This probably doesn’t make any sense though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

right! And how the bad boy will cHaNgE fOr ThE mC. Although this is an interactive app, I’d like to see more real life lessons and issues. Possibly the MC overcoming them or possibly not, I dunno. I’ve seen some stories that offer that, but not much.

1 Like

personally, i’d like to see more stories with upsetting or “cruel” endings. it might sound really bad but stories that aren’t all happy endings are really enjoyable. at least, for me. i’d like to see more of the MC loses their love interest, or gets in an accident, or at the end of the story the love interest admits to not love the MC. it might sound weird, but i really want to see more of that, because sometimes, that’s how life works. it’s sad, but true.

4 Likes

Yes, I feel like most stories I read the MC gets what they’ve wanted. And it’s not a bad thing. I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

I agree 100%!!

1 Like

Do you think writers are afraid to venture into such an ending? I mostly feel like the writers grow attached to their characters so they’d “hurt” to see them harmed in some way whether it be physically or emotionally?

If that makes sense!

1 Like

honestly, i never thought about that. but one story where maybe the bad guy wins… that would be really interesting. but i understand the thought process behind what you said. maybe it is that, or maybe they’re scared of what readers’ reactions may be.
i know people who would not like it AT ALL if the main character died in the end and the “bad guy” won. readers could have strong reactions to the main character failing. some readers want happy endings. and yes, for the most part, happy endings are fine, but i just want a change of pace.
i would understand if the authors grew too attached to characters. but it sparks thoughts such as, what if the readers don’t like it? and i, as an author, know that sometimes we tend to overthink about reactions. we brainstorm the worst possible scenarios and try to avoid them at all costs. but as most people like happy endings, i think some people are beginning to imagine other ways the story would end.
authors may be to attached to characters, or they just don’t want to step outside of the box, risking how others may react. does that make sense?
but i definitely agree with your statement. it sparks a lot of thoughts.

3 Likes

snapped

2 Likes

This so off topic but wow your user scared me for a sec (peep mine) :joy:
ANYWAY I would love to see more original stories. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough but it just seems all the unique community stories are so hard to find!

I agree with your thoughts as well. That’s the thing about writing, it does bring about so many different factors. What you’ve suggested is very possible, but I think it’s possibly also how the ending is written. Maybe the MC should die or leave for whatever reasons. Maybe the bad guy(s) should win in the end. But remember, what purpose would it serve for such an ending? How will it affect the other characters? You have to build up to those reasons, not just throw it out there. This is me as a writer.

As a reader, are my emotions going to be affected as I read? Are my assumptions right that the MC will die? He may be the bad guy, but, do I want him to win?

I think looking at it from both perspectives should give an idea as to the answer.

And you’re right, in order to develop not only your skills but your ability to have an open mind in writing, you HAVE to write about things outside of your comfort zone, you have to push yourself past your comfort zone. If you keep writing the same plots over and over, then what’s your purpose as a writer?

Overall, as writers, being open to any and many different possibilities should always be a part of the process. (Pls tell me this all makes sense😅)

2 Likes

Omg :joy: I got scared for a sec too osmmsks anyway, I mostly see the unique stories hidden in the fantasy, action, thriller and mystery genre.

1 Like

it makes perfect sense. writers should be able to push them selves and change plots. and they absolutely have to think about the impact this decision will have on other characters.
i completely understand what you’re saying. but choosing which path you want to go down is tough.

i prefer the stories that include points, and your points determine your ending. like if you made bad decisions, you will suffer the consequences. but you don’t see many stories like that. stories like “how to be a princess” are really enjoyable because there are different endings. that allows the reader to really feel like it’s happening in real life.

it also opens up the door to new ideas for writers, and if they’re attached to their characters, then they know that there are different roads to take. it makes the story more enjoyable, realistic and overall better than just choosing what the author thinks is best. it might be extra coding, but it’s not up to the author if the reader enjoys the story or not. it’s up to the reader. and i bet if people started to add different endings to stories, readers would be attracted to them more so than repelled.

2 Likes

I think I can agree to agree :sweat_smile: in order to build yourself as a writer, doing things such as “extra coding” is necessary. You may go into this thinking that, simple or easy, will get you far, but how far will it get you?

And also, building new ideas helps you expand on other things. I wish many were able to see that. One idea or 1 extra hour on coding, can change so many things more than the individual would’ve ever believed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.