What would you like to see represented more?

Exactly. Why do people keep making excuses? Do they think characters who aren’t generic are ugly? Because they clearly aren’t. I wish some authors could depict mixed race characters accurately.

3 Likes

You should see my model sheet forms :skull: I promise it looks like I’m editing the same character over and over

6 Likes

My biggest issue with this is the clear racial issue. Everyone seems to want to make their characters look like tanned white people. Everything else is seen as bad. That’s when things get really sticky

5 Likes

Yes! For sure! Those stories aren’t soon on the app that much for some reason. Who wouldn’t want to write about a brother and sister having a healthy and positive relationship with each other? It doesn’t have to be about a brother or sister, but it’ll be nice if more sibling relationships were written. A girl’s relationship with a bad boy is kind of overrated now :woman_facepalming:t4:

8 Likes

2 Likes

Did I comment on this already??

I would like to see males supporting females more. Like if they look hot be like damn you look hot.

1 Like

I’d love to see more stories about sibling relationships. I’m getting sick of seeing all these romance stories with the same boring plots all over again.

1 Like

Read Wo ai ni. Unless you don’t like horror stories.

1 Like

Well-developed characters.

1 Like

I love that story!!

Sounds interesting. I would definitely give that a go.

Yes, represent us more please.

Asperger’s syndrome is high-functioning autism in other words.

Please! For once, be rid of any romantic feelings.

I want to see men as equal human beings to women, not the mEn ArE aSsHoLeS kind of men, as often stereotyped by women.

Because not everything is there exclusively and the world doesn’t revolve around America.

5 Likes

I hate to be “that person” but recently i’ve discovered while checking out multiple user stories that most of the MC are blonde haired blue eyed females. Sigh, I love episode dearly, and i’ve been playing for years but when several character descriptions and layover images pop up per story and the MC obviously does not look or is described like my character it’s a little annoying (so to say with lack of a better word). It’s not a huge concern and I know people are free to chose the race/ethnicity of their characters but diversity whisk be nice to see. Even the love interest most of the time are fair skinned white people…even the LGBTQ stories. I’d just like to see diversity from episode and the other authors!

9 Likes

same, but u can design the character(most of the time)
to look different! but then, yeah.

1 Like

Ik what you mean

Agreed. We definitely need more diversity in characters.

1 Like

My friend and I noticed that as well! I was already in the process of writing my current story when she pointed it out to me, so we made almost every one of the main characters dark-skinned.
She’s African American and has always had that issue with lack of diversity, and I’m South African myself, so she helped me design some characters, and I only offered limited CC for the MC (you can only have dark skin tones/dark hair).
Yeah i got some complaints about the limited CC because a lot of people wanted to make the MC a white lady.
But my friend and I are really pleased with how it’s all coming together, so it’s not changing :joy:

8 Likes

You know u don’t have to do all that because of it not being diverse, like change everyone to a African american Mixed characters exist too,with pale people :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh yeah I didn’t just change pale people to different races :joy: Mainly we just wanted to have the actual MAIN character have only dark skin tone options, instead of just having them be a small side character.
There’s still plenty of characters that are mixed race, some that are super pale, etc. I’m trying my best to have a good representation for everyone, (including LGBT characters as well).
It’s still a work in progress, but my friend (and co writer) are definitely pleased with the representation so far!

3 Likes

oh that’s nice! good job! can i see this story of yours?
Your doing a nice change to the community!
tbh episode needs it it is filled with (no racial) Too many white people with blue eyes
and in the covers too!

1 Like

:joy::joy: Yeah of course.
It’s actually a fantasy-medieval type (my favorite)
Go ahead and search up A Pathfinder’s Hymn if you’d really like to see it.