What your thoughs on designer babies

I am having a argument on designer babies. I want to know some people opinion.

5 Likes

What’re designer babies?

2 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t support it. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I have conflicting feelings about it but this MIT article brings up great points.

1 Like

Well personally i dont think it’s morally right, but to each his own

2 Likes

I don’t support that shit at all.

4 Likes

Oh. That’s just wrong. I get that it’s science, but seriously? Just love your child the way they are, and messing with their genes like that could ruin their chromosomes and mess something up, giving them some sort of disease that could be deadly.

8 Likes

How about to prevent diseases, and not for appearance would that make it better?

I disagree as well, but I want to see how others would feel, and stated their opinions about this situations.

1 Like

I know it a controversy topic.

How about to prevent diseases ?

True. How about religious wise. Would you agree if it a way to prevent a disease “gob forbid” if you may have a certain disease. Would you take that advance technology not for appearance only, but for prevention of other diseases.

Why?

1 Like

I don’t think religion has much to do with it, but if that were the case I would definitely consider it but I really cant say that im 100% sure that I would, I’d have to consider the health risks that come along with it.

But to determine things like physical appearance or certain traits, never

4 Likes

It may be a defect if it not done properly. Would you stick with your opinion stills ?

Yes, but some people may think other wise that religion is somewhat part of it.

I don’t support it at all.

6 Likes

How about Diversity?

1 Like

No, I meant their will be no Diversity if people want the same thing. Example blond hair blue eyes. What if everybody want that as “their perfect child”

1 Like

Yes people do, I learned about it through religious studies class actually. But in that situation I don’t think that it relates that much to it.

But I still think that if it can avoid disease, it would definitely be an option but not the first thing I’d want to do

2 Likes