What's a big no-no in a story?

And talking about first stories.

For the love of God writers, PLEASE DON’T GIVE ME SUPER LONG INTROS.

7 Likes

Hi! @Kelly.episode1
1.Rushed
When you have story that you don’t check Grammer and other things that take place in the story is called rushing through a story Because as you have started in story that is called coding and script that you have started to do in just one day is rushing and when you publish at that same day it is called a rushing still because as you don’t have a cover and when you don’t check on story and then you don’t went to check create that is located in episode app to see the story played out and as your codes is messed up cause code effect story and it will glitch the character and overlay everything in the plot that is playing the story for readers to see and that can show that it not in right place when it is happening so please check before you have being a story it can be short or long story please still check everything you can find a proofreaders or coder or someone who have a skill to check everything

Number one
Never rush a story that make you have to gives up and please check the episode app before publish and find help on forum if have problem of coding there proofreader and more helping in community

2.Grammer
because Grammar is importance for readers to read to unterstand what going on and as if don’t do grammar correctly it will result wrong spelling and readers get mad or not unterstand anything you said because it ok to make mistake it have happens to others stories and without correcting you’re mistake it will result what they see in the plot and even story book so before publish check for your spelling and to make sure have a Exposition , conflict , Rising Action , Climax , Falling Action , Resolution because it importance and as for BEGINNING , MIDDLE , END

example of each
1.Exposition: Characters and setting
2.Conflict: the problem
3.Rising Action: Any details that happen before the climax
4.Climax: major change ( The story is never the same)
5.Falling action: Any details that happen after the climax
6.Resolution: How the story ends

Makes sure to have them in story because same way do English class if have one is same way they correct your Grammar and as for spelling

3.Directing
Directing is importance because on YouTube I see episode app reaction about direction it makes the readers question what going on and as i looking at their reaction like

Example
1.you have a directing that you want the character to go place to place but as the code in it make sure to not have glitch in script .
2. Make sure have position

screen center

screen left

screen right

upscreen left

upscreen right

back left

back right

back far left

back far right

offscreen left

offscreen right

@CHARACTER stands position

@CHARACTER stands position in zone #

@CHARACTER sits position

@CHARACTER sits position in zone #

@CHARACTER sits lower position

@CHARACTER sits lower position in zone #

@CHARACTER enters from left to position

@CHARACTER enters from right to position

@CHARACTER enters from left to position in T

@CHARACTER enters from right to position in T

@CHARACTER exits left

@CHARACTER exits left in T

@CHARACTER exits right

@CHARACTER exits right in T

@CHARACTER walks to position

@CHARACTER walks to position in zone #

@CHARACTER walks to position in T

@CHARACTER walks to position in zone # in T

@follow CHARACTER to position in zone #

@follow CHARACTER to position in zone # in T

@CHARACTER spot % x y

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone #

@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in zone #

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in T

@CHARACTER walks to spot % x y in zone # in T

@CHARACTER enters from left to spot % x y

@CHARACTER enters from right to spot % x y

@CHARACTER enters from left to spot % x y in T

@CHARACTER enters from right to spot % x y in T

@CHARACTER faces left

@CHARACTER faces right

@CHARACTER moves to layer #

@remove CHARACTER

@command and command

@command AND command

@command then command

@command THEN command

@CHARACTER is animation

@CHARACTER starts animation

@CHARACTER walks to [spot] and CHARACTER does it while animation

Make sure character go correct walk ways and not all up in the wall and glitch out and stuff like that

1. Make sure have direction

@cut to zone #

@pan to zone #

@pan to zone # in

Make sure have script go right way if any things else happens find a coder for helps

1. Song
    Make sure have song in story because it can effect readers I see alots of stories and like when I go and read stories and when story don’t have a song it gives me headache and other readers I have see reaction on YouTube i not only one that see it

example
sound sound_name

music sound_name

sound off

music off

volume sound # T

volume music # T

make sure have song in story to go with story i know it long and script is hard to do but please because i see some story that don’t have alots view and story takes time but when I looks at story I see the problem readers see that when their not music it makes story bording

5.Make sure have Transition in story

Example
@transition style direction

@transition style direction color

@transition style direction T

@transition style direction in T

@transition style direction color T

@transition style direction color in T

transition style and direction

• fade in
  • fade out
  • iris in
  • iris out
  • shade up
  • shade down
  • curtain in_left
  • curtain out_left
  • curtain in_right
  • curtain out_right
  • curtain in_top
  • curtain out_top
  • curtain in_bottom
  • curtain out_bottom

transition color

• Black
  • White
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Red Yellow
  • Orange
  • Magenta
  • Gray

Please Make sure the transition script is not going wrong direction because transition do it and sometimes have put more code in it

6.Comment
If you’re story like have bad words please do not used alots bad words because that can effect how you talk in real life and sometimes it effect readers and i read a story about it and i don’t like bad words or speak bad words because i find it disrespectful

Example
When a readers start reading and then ############### word come out of that comment and then we wondering what is going on like the readers feels like they are attack because as read mafia and romance and thing like that as for bad boys and thing yea it can affect of language to words the character while we have to figure out

And readers question who ### talking too.
as in Hell

So be careful of language tone

7.Description
Description is most importance because it gives you more views for readers who interest to read the story and it gives eye catching to see what it about

Number one
1.Never forget Description i see some stories that have forgetting of their own Description

7.Error
Make sure don’t have error going off on the readers while there screen going be frozen and stuff like that happens to some stories

1.Always check the problem of error
2. Looks in episode app to go in Create and see your story tap on the stories check it out and then make sure the code is not off . if the story is off then add more script to it and then ask for helps that is good coder there is alots proofreader lately so there no problem to find one now there is others who willing to helps so please gives proofreader a chance and don’t be mean to them because there same one that have to helps you with the code to see what going on and that can hurts one you hurts we are people that talking too never forget it we have feeling and if don’t have feelings then i don’t know how feels pain we feels

8.Gem
Gem are way to high for new author and when readers want to helps the stories for support we ran out of gems please don’t put to much in the gems of making it higher because after it effect the stories if the story is not notify then please lower the gems

1.Author have feeling of readers and it make us sad that the readers can’t support others stories because of how high prize is I see alots of problem about it

2.Gem choice in stories effect readers by choosing bad choice for ending and to have a happy ever after it make readers choose .choice that are bad one because of how gem high and it sad to spend gem in story for ending

3.I know Gem for bonus to get paid and stuff like that for story but please lower it down not higher that make the readers can’t support it sad to see readers want support authors

9.Helper
When i mean helper as in there are YouTube of episode code and if don’t see one

1.Type on YouTube - Episode Tutorial
2. Looks for video your looking for to guide you
3. Make sure to focus on video to see what going on
4.Make sure unterstand what going on to add it in script

Please dont said that there no help because there is and new video is out in YouTube for some new upgrade

10.Self harm, abuse , Rape
I know this happens in real life and you have wanted readers to unterstand to tell them a true story what going on in life now but please make sure when do that story like just twist the idea or you can leave it way it is but please if it effecting the character then plot a idea that can tell the story you have choose because i not going to tell you what to choose from as it your story

if want to do a stories like that
Please switch the idea and make it in a nice way i unterstand why try to tell readers true story :sob: but please

11.mean girls
I know they mean they think they cute and all but everyone is beautiful . we are made in this earth but hater who bully people they are nobody because everyone is not perfect we are made different

I see alots parent in real life ask for it to stop for bully because they lost love one :sob: so please no bullying

Do ever hear song said
Pretty girls bad character

don’t lets hater get to you i know they mean i been through it i just hate it i don’t know why they mean for i unterstand stories on episode app telling true story bullying that trying to tell the readers about the character passed life but when readers looks at story they don’t want hear their passed life because readers see it in real life that make them hurt cause it sad when in that situation .

that same person bully one day treat you that way and when you realized that person turn out person you bully and hurts then they how that when hurting one that was not famous as you then turn around please always thread others way want to be treat and respect way

12.Author get banned
I realized some author get banned because we see stories and when we wondering why it not post for days and when author and readers comment of they are remove and stuff i see other day someone get banned without doing nothing

14.Maintain same Character High
1.Make the character walk onscreen with the same spot scale
2.Do the basic stuff like Inputing the character and cut to zone you want a character to enter
3.Place the character offscreen with the same scale code
4.optional
5.Make the character walk onscreen the SAME scale code
6.this method works well with characters enter to zone 2,3,4 and characters entering zone 1 from the right hand side
7. To have a character enter from the left to zone 1, do the following
enter to zone one

step one:
Resize your character to the size you want the character to be
place the character on the spot you want them to walk and keep a note of this spot code

step two: place the character offscreen
When you’re done , you’ll realise that the middle code is negative

Example
@ABI spot 0.994 -45 190

Spot directing Tip:
1.(When it’s negative it’s offscreen)
2. This number represents the horizontal position of the spot ( side to side number)

Example
3.this number represents the size of your character
4.this number represents the vertical position of the spot (up & down)

Step three:
In the script write the character’s offscreen spot then make the character walk into their spot onscreen

follow these step because story that have character flying in thin air is like there spot is off with high

15.Intro and outro
please do not have intro and outro longer then 30 minutes make sure intro up to 5 sec

1.it can effect the readers by making then pissed of the intro going for to longer without story go no were to being that is wasting others time while they have busy life too

1. Think about stories
    Before you being please think what the story be about and what the plot will be to blend with the story don’t make it like something that readers will be uncomfortable because not all people are same when we see a plot that don’t fix well with story it makes us question to the point were we don’t want to read the story no more
16 Likes

:joy: some stories do that :metal2: i want to do alots of big no - no - i see in stories i almost write a whole sentence

4 Likes

:sob: i wanna cry but :sob: it true story because i see Cringey way in stories your not lying it true story telling

4 Likes

Give a try to The Apartment. It’s damn funny.

7 Likes

But a lot of those authors don’t have episode fourms.

But I agree.

4 Likes

Bad characters that are misrepresented.

Like, not all bad characters smoke and cuss 24/7, do Illegal goods, slap characters with no valid reason, etc.

6 Likes

skip the wait :joy:

11 Likes

I don’t like that stories which have alot of gem choices :neutral_face:

8 Likes

I literally hate stories with bad coding and poor dialogues and that have no sense. If there are no twist or simply boring I stop reading it like come on we read for a reason if there’s no damn reason to read why th would anyone continue. And the episode original stories like so costly gem choices I’m not gonna go spend my money for buying gems so I have to go with the wrong bad choice and I quit reading that particular story. To be honest everything a story needs is a good plot concept dialogues coding twists etc that’s all make it read. There are some stories I read like many times in repeat.

No offense to any author or anyone just an opinion cuz I know how difficult it is to code 🥲🤕

6 Likes

I agree with you!

1 Like

Your damn right like seriously it’s practically 10% comedy and 90% bad romance.

1 Like

I think everything being reasonably original is important! Nobody wants to read the same mafia story 100 times, everything else…(bad directing, short chaps, bad grammar) that’s all part of the writing learning curve! :white_heart:

3 Likes

I leave a story, when:

• There are too many ‘narration’ black screens in the story (get me on my nerves…);
  • The authors character takes half of the time of the storyline (I get it… You may have your own character → I have that too… But not in every episode half of the story time.;
  • There are too many LI’s you have to choose → I prefer 1;
  • There is one whole episode for only CC or you have to CC a whole family;
  • There are mean girls and creepy ally guys popping out of nowhere in the storyline → little too cliche;
  • There is bad grammar and spelling during the story → I am not a native English speaker, but I check my spelling during coding;
  • The author ‘forgets to think about’ layering, I mean, there is use of layer mistakes → like people walking through each other or kissing the wrong way;
  • The story includes toxic relationships, violence against the LGBTQ+ community and/or racism;
  • The author uses entering and exiting left or right → go from spot to spot… It’s irritating and weird if you see in a story a kid entering and exiting, while they grow if the leave or shrink into the spot.

Sorry, I am a picky reader and I try to avoid all those things also as an author. :wink:

8 Likes
  1. Toooo many LIs …I mean like…come on…Love isnt JUST a THING you can feel with multiple people…falling in love isnt easy…This just makes the story unrealistic.
  2. Bad grammar and directing…and SPELLING mistakes!! :nauseated_face:
  3. Author coming on screen on the first episode on the first scene
  4. Full CC for the ENTIRE cast, and taking up one fill episode :woozy_face:
  5. Stereotypical characters (There can be many stories without mean girls and bad boys)
7 Likes
  1. 30 minute intro.
    Maybe not that long but please… Cut it short and JUST LET ME READ UGHHHHHH!!!

2. Story that’s not going anywhere.
    I don’t need 10 scenes on how the MC wakes up, brushes her teeth, gets on a school bus, attend classes, go back hom- just listing it makes me feel exhausted and annoyed: do you really have to write a documentary about a Homo Sapiens trying to live another day? Get a hobby for real😂

3. Grammar, grammar, grammar.
    You don’t need to be as fluent as Shakespeare, but you doesn’t speaks like these.
    (weird to read, isn’t it? Proves my point)
    You can’t be that bad, can you?

And punctuation. Seriously, this ticks me off.

Since Episode can only provide speech bubbles the best you can do is not type a bunch of letters not putting any punctuations why you ask because it’s hard to differentiate between sentences just like this and it just ruins the reading experience

1. Character without personality.
    Most common among cliché characters:. Mean girls who just bullies (and plays a large role in the story), bad toxic boys who apparently owns the whole school and the hot girls.

I don’t mind clichés. But give me a reason to care about them: why should I love/hate/acknowledge their existence? What do they bring to the table?

If they are there as filler characters I understand. But if they’re playing a large role it wouldn’t make sense for them to have zero personality development.
Jeez, if you want to write a story, you can’t be this lazy…

1. No resolution. At. All.
    Suddenly the MC and LI threw everything behind and drove to a new city to elope… The entire gnag is left behind without even a word-

Let me stop you right there. You left, a, freaking, gang, without even telling your members?
Not just these stories. Any story where the MC literally sweeps the problem under the carpet and just I can’t- this is utter bs. Why do I even bother to read when the problem created can be solved by doing nothing?

1. Not knowing how to use filters/sounds correctly.
    I don’t use earphones much but sometimes, so this is focused on filters.

Filters can help to improve the mood of the scene visually. But do me a favor, please don’t put 200 saturation with colorize option enabled.
And use it sparingly. Not all night scenes need multiply blend modes. You’re telling a story, not photographing. (though, I’ll give your artistic gifts a 10/10 if you know how to use it well)

Sounds heavily affects my mood. If you use a sad song on a happy scene I will permanently delete your story from my app (I can differentiate between a parody scene, a comedy scene and a scene made just to p*ss me off)

1. Chuck 3 story arcs into a blender and mix them together.
    If you have multiple arcs in the same point of time, divide and conquer.
    Don’t throw everything in at any point because, oh I want to.
    That makes your story super messy. If your characters are less defined, readers might even confuse one arc with another.
7 Likes

Lol :rofl::rofl: I completely agree we haven’t got the whole day to read this sh*t

5 Likes

Agreed, it is so horrible.

3 Likes

welcome to community :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you <3

2 Likes