What's a trope or story idea you want to see?

What are some underused tropes or story ideas that you are itching to read? :eyes: Something you know would be so good if it was done right? A movie or TV show that would be excellent inspiration for an interactive episode? Let me know! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

def something like stranger things thatd be so cool to see in episode!

6 Likes

Hi @kinsleyepisode! Episode doesn’t have many survival stories, like where the main character experiences a crash landing or shipwreck and gets stranded. An interactive story based on a tv show like Lost would be cool. You could have multiple characters, sprinkle in some romance and get a lot of drama out of a story like that.

5 Likes

A mystery story with a NICE(but still actually sarcastic) GOTH/ALT MC. Like creepy small town with a dark past.

A mystery story where u get to have deep friendships if u dont want romance(like The infected)

5 Likes

I think revenge something like Glory or Do Revenge or a person that kills bad people like Girl from No where. I feel like mystery and thriller would be cool icl. Let’s drop romance aside yall I really want something to make me shocked.

3 Likes

something with no romance at all

8 Likes

Like a reality tv show and the characters actually talk to the cameras and shared their thoughts in that room thinggy. If there actually are stories like that can someone recommend?

3 Likes

how would that go given the limited animations and things in Episode :joy:

overlays are ur bestfriend for that one :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Omds fr- :skull::skull:

1 Like

There are many things I’d love to see but one of the biggest is probably seeing more of the same tropes that are already popular but with reversed gender roles, like the female character is the CEO, President, celebrity, bodyguard, knight, rockstar, werewolf/vampire, troublemaker (“bad girl”), star athlete, royalty etc instead of it always being the male lead. :thinking:

6 Likes

Honestly I think there should be more horror movies. And even why not monster characters? I would really like to see a Stranger Things-like story.

1 Like

More whodunnits, more stories about falling out of love instead of in love, more apocalypse/zombie stories, but the most interesting one (to me) would be like the 2019 movie Fractured, where it’s revealed that the main character was actually the villain. From his point of view, he was trying to save his kid and the hospital was being difficult, when in reality, she had died from a fall, causing him to go insane and kill his wife, then steal two people from the hospital thinking it was his wife and kid. I think this POV would be so cool to view, and I’ve never read anything like it on here before.

2 Likes

The only thing holding me back from making a monster story is that I don’t know where to find overlays…

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been saying omg !! I’d love to see a romance story where the woman is more leading than the male, though I understand the appeal of the reverse ! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Villain MCs! Aside from Homewrecker, of course. There are some stories with villain MCs (including mine), but a lot of them are more like paths, rather than the MC being introduced as a villain/already being a villain. I wanna see more stories the MC is a villain and remains the villain, or becomes a villain.

1 Like

Stories with no romance and more male MCs along with some good horror, sci fi, thriller stories. Any stories with actions and not romance, as well as adventure stories with the characters aiming for their goals and defeating villains, etc.

4 Likes

I’d like to see more reality show stories, more pregnancy stories, more stories with a male MC, more stories with a plus size MC, more celebrity stories, more mermaid stories, and stories with a trope that has never been used before.

I’m really getting tired of mafia stories and that trope is really getting old.

1 Like