What's allowed and what isn't?

Hello guys!

So recently, I’ve been planning to make a new story that included minor themes of domestic violence and toxic relationships. Why I’m making this thread is to simply ask what’s allowed and what isn’t when it comes to depicting themes like these, as I know that a lot of people are sensitive to the topic. I absolutely DO NOT want to fetishize or romantizise the topic in any way, shape or form. I’ve seen a lot of stories in the community section that are very famous and people seem to like them, but they include themes of either mental or physicall abuse. I’m not intending on including a lot of these themes, as I absolutely don’t want to further my plot on the basis of abuse. I know it’s a very sensitive topic that should be held with care and thought. I’ve read the community story guidelines about what’s not allowed of course, but it still confuses me as I’ve seen well-known stories with these features. I’m well aware of the impact these themes have on some people, and when planning this story I intended to show people the realness of abuse. Even though the themes and depicts will be minor.

Once again, I do not want to make any uncomfortable or hurt anyone, I’m just asking and I want to depict the topic with a lot of care to not make anyone uncomfortable!

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Handle it w care, do not promote/romanticise it, add trigger warnings at the beginning of every episode and before triggering scenes :white_heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.