What's it Like Having a Parent Who Serves in the Military?

One of the main aspects in my story is that the MC’s dad is in the military. I’ve read numerous articles about military personnel who have children, but I haven’t been able to find many from the child’s point of view. If anyone could tell me a little bit about what it’s like, I would greatly appreciate it!

2 Likes

I don’t know what branch you’re going to have the father be in, but growing up both of my parents were in the Air Force (first active duty then eventually both moved to the Reserves) so I can help some!

After they had my brother, we didn’t move around a lot, but before then we did quite a bit of travelling and moving. Since both parents are legally not allowed to be deployed at the same time, I always had one of mine (Mostly my mom growing up, she didn’t really go on deployments until my brother and I were both older) and it worked well for us. My dad was SUPER strict growing up so when he was deployed, while we missed him a lot, it was like an ice break from how strict he could be. Granted, every household is gonna be different and all parents are naturally not going to raise their children the same.

If there’s any specific questions you feel like you need answered, I’m happy to answer any that I can! :heart:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much! Would you mind if I PM you a few questions?

1 Like

Haha that’s okay! And sure! Go ahead and I’ll do my best to answer what I can! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.