What's one (or more) common things that your parents say to you that irritate the absolute crap out of you?

Literally! Like, give me a deeper reason!

2 Likes

FRFR Super annoying!!!

1 Like

”If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it, too?"
Um… obviously not, duh.

”Ask dad” then right after “ask mum”
It’s basically just an endless loop. I ask my mum for something and she tells me to ask dad, then he says to ask mum and I try to explain that I already did, but it never works. :joy:

”I’ll think about it”
It pretty much always ends up with them saying no, or never bringing it up again. So I don’t get why they can’t just say “no” instead of making me wait for days for a response that’s probably gonna be “no”. When they say this it usually just means they haven’t thought of a good excuse yet to say no.

”This is my house."
It’s their house, then when they need me to do something, it’s all of a sudden “my house too”. :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

My mom kind of tells me I’m never going to amount to anything and that I’m never going to be able to take care of anything

1 Like

That’s rude. She’s supposed to teach you about independence. Not make you feel incapable of it

1 Like

This just ends up being that neither one can do it for me, soo…

2 Likes

That’s just her

1 Like

Obviously I would, duh. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I actually love this one because then I can either pull the (a) “Mom said yes” and “Dad said yes” and when they go to re-confirm, they heard that they both said yes and they’re okay with it or (b) tell them that they book don’t care and don’t know and then they’re like “okay, then sure”.

4 Likes

(Expect me to spam bump on my topics because this is the most replies I got on a thread) Bump because we all have parents that do something confusing or irritating

3 Likes

When you’re washing the dishes and they ask you to do the dishes… :angry:

3 Likes

Oh, I hate that. Like, don’t you see me doing them already?!:unamused:

2 Likes

I get on great with my mum, but she drops occasional things like;
-Commenting on people’s appearances in the street
-Judging people by how they look and prejudice
-Judging non-binary people
-She says ‘What’s wrong with men these days’ because it’s become acceptable for men to wear makeup and do things that were in the past considered ‘too feminine’.

I usually tell her off for it but I guess she has one of those older generation mindsets still set like tarmac back there :((

1 Like

“YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL HOME AND FAMILY”
The house-

2 Likes

ALL of my primary school teachers ALWAYS used this as a comeback for every common-sense answer a child might give them for copying somebody else. You’d roll down a hill with someone and they’d go ‘If they jumped off a cliff would you jump too?’ Like how is that at all similar??
I should have said ‘yes, if it gets me away from your astounding level of logic.’ :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

HAHA yea

1 Like

I’m so going to use that for my parents now

2 Likes

They would be sooo mad at you😂

1 Like

Worth it though :joy:

1 Like

when i help out all day and do all the chores and she goes “i do everything in this house” BITCH

oh and when i’m just about to do the dishes or laundry and she goes “can u get off your arse and do something” like lol now i’m not

1 Like