What's one thing you've learned from a negative/positive situation this week?

Hello! I haven’t been active on the forums in months, but for those of you who have previously participated in my topics, I have a rather simple question this time (just to see how you’re all doing):

What’s one thing you’ve learned from a negative/positive situation this week?

Thank you for the idea @phlegmatic :))

You absolutely do not have to share anything if you don’t feel comfortable doing so. Feel free to include a “why”/“context” if you wish. All answers are welcome!! :)) Feel free to PM me if you need somebody to talk to-- especially during these times, I understand how heavy our thoughts can get.

Guidelines:

Summary
  • Be respectful and understanding of others!
  • Be kind to others!
  • Please try to stay on topic. Feel free to talk to other people about their responses, but if the conversation is going to last longer, it may be more beneficial to PM them instead :))

Why am I doing this?

Summary

I have been asking different questions every week (for the most part…) for a few reasons:

• To bring people together
  • To let people vent or rant without worry
  • For psychological reasons (in other words, I like asking others questions because just about everybody has a different answer and that alone intrigues me)

Other Q’s that I’ve asked:

Summary

What’s your biggest insecurity?

What’s something you feel guilty about?

What makes you happy/thankful?

What’s something that you’ve been hesitating to say?

If you could relieve a moment in your life, would you?

2 Likes

I don’t personally rate things that happen to me because I rather just look at something in the situation that I can learn from or learn more about.

2 Likes

Best: My friend who was going through a lot finally texted us back after ignoring us and being kind of rude ot be honest for like a month. For a while, it felt like my friends and I were the ones holding onto our last string of friendship. But she’s back, even though she didn’t tell us what exactly happened (and I think she’s lying about some of it, but I understand if she doesn’t want to talk about it). But, she’s back, and she’s been really encouraging and kind again. :slight_smile: That kind of thing has happened before, but we stick together through thick and thin.
Worst: I had math finals yesterday. I was shivering the whole time. :joy: But it’s over!!! :grin:

What about you?

2 Likes

I agree that there is ultimately something to take away from any situation. My intention wasn’t to have people “rate” their weeks-- I apologize if it comes off as such. Perhaps I could have worded the question differently. When I reply to those who share, I generally try to acknowledge the other side of the situation/ silver-lining, to show that there is indeed something to learn from every situation.

That is an interesting perspective and I’m glad you decided to share it. If you wish to reply, what is something that you have learned this week? Also, do you think it would be better if I changed the question to that?

1 Like

There’s so much that I’ve learned this week, but after a situation with my siblings and father, I learned a decent amount about my dad and my siblings about whom they are. Also, if you were to change the title similar to that, I’d say, “what’s one thing you’ve learned from a negative situation and a positive this week?” or something similar.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it a lot :))

Although I can’t entirely relate (in regards to my family), I will say that I have seen a pattern-- a lot of people seem to be understanding those around them much more in-depth-- even more now under these circumstances. It’s almost scary to see the true nature of humans during these times-- or at least much more than I would like to see. When I reflect upon negative experiences with negative people, it’s usually a good reminder of the exact kind of person I do not want to be, if that makes sense. I hope all is well, or at least as well as it can be for now.

Having been on both sides of that kind of situation, I know it’s tough for both parties. You never know what somebody may be going through, no matter how much you think you know them. I’m glad your friend has people such as yourself (and your other friends) for support whenever she needs it :))

Anndddd oh my god, I don’t even want to think of final exams. Since we converted to online learning, I don’t even know if we’re going to have finals. But AP exams have been rough, to say the least. I have another AP exam on Wednesday next week, and I hardly want to even think about it :sweat_smile: I hope you did good & I’m glad it’s over for you!! I changed the original question for this topic a little bit, so feel free to expand on your answer.

In response to your question,

Thanks for asking about me :pleading_face: Although the days have been pretty much blurring together for me, I think the best thing was finally trying out my Prismacolor colored pencils. I’ve been wanting them for so long and I finally purchased them!! The worst thing (or one of them), was when my computer wasn’t working for me when I had to take one of my AP exams. It eventually got to work, but now I’ve been overthinking my answers and it’s freaking me out. It’s certainly teaching me something about patience, especially because the exam results come out in mid-July.

I have a vague idea of what probably happened, since we’ve known each other for years now. But yeah, I know that what I’m thinking may not be the case at all.
Good luck for your AP exams!!! Here are some four leaf clovers for luck: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :joy:
And Prismacolor colored pencils sound really cool! I’m sorry to hear about all the stress with the exams. You got this! It’ll be over soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am just really stressed and I am digging up some good and bad things from my past.But on a better note the school year is almost over. :partying_face:

1 Like

Oh man, I’m insanely stressed out too. Everybody deals with stress differently-- whether it’s laughing it away, painting or drawing, writing, reading, talking with others, etc. I hope you find a way to alleviate that stress :)) If it’s regarding school-- keep going!! You’ve made it so far and you can’t have all of your efforts be for nothing. I know it’s generic, but make sure to take breaks for yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be understanding of yourself. I believe in you.

PT.1

In regards to your past, I have come to the epiphany that it’s not worth dwelling over. It’s just not. Focus on the present, because your present will eventually become your past and can affect your future. I know everybody says it, and it’s a pretty recycled idea, but for the most part it’s true.

PT.2

And heck yeah-- at least the school year is almost over!! Where I am, I can hear the rainfall outside and feel the thick air. As ironic and contradictory it is to say, it makes me think about where I was this time last year. If you’re going to reflect on the past, either celebrate how far you’ve come or confirm your mistakes and try to use them to your advantage, if that makes any sense at all. I hope all is well!! :))

1 Like

My relationship with my mother isn’t healthy at all, we fight almost everyday, I’m just so mentally exhausted, and I miss my dad so much because he doesn’t live with us due to his job. I also have many essays and exams coming up as it’s almost the end of the year, smhhh.

Best? I think it’s that I finished typing an essay and I got an A on it loll. I was so surprised bcuz my teacher is hella strict.

1 Like

I really am sorry to hear that. As being someone living with a brother and mother who argue incessantly, I sort of understand you. It’s incredibly exhausting to listen to-- I don’t even want to imagine what it’s like to be right in the line of fire. Especially now, we’re all confined with the same people longer than before, and a lot of tensions rise. And yes-- school certainly doesn’t help with the stress. I wish I could give you a big hug through the screen-- you absolutely deserve better.

I’m so glad you did well on your essay!! I’m dealing with exams and essays as well, and I’m just about ready to jump out of a window. But honestly, you’ve made it this far into the year-- keep going!! We’re so freaking close. I believe in you! I hope you do great on your remaining assignments and that all is well for you :))

2 Likes

Aww thank you!! That meant a lot for me​:slight_smile::pleading_face::pleading_face: You’re very kind :innocent:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.