What's the code to make a character blink w/ the blink overlays?

.I have the overlays for the blink but I don’t have the template or know how to use it. I’ll credit.

1 Like

Hi, this thread will be of much help to you:

You can also change the time (in seconds) it occurs and make it very fast.

2 Likes

Thank you Jem!

1 Like

This was very helpful for me too Jem! However, when I entered the exact code in my script that you had it said error: that the coordinates for an overlay can only be specified once. How can I fix this?

Hi there, can you show your code. Also, I whipped together up something very fast (life is busy so I don’t have enough time might be a bit sloppy haha but it should give you an idea) :joy:

Code where the bottom and top eye close and open (used infinite loop)

EXT. CLASSIC DINER - DAY with EXT. PARK RIVERFRONT SPRING TREE - DAY to 1.000 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 2

&zoom reset

&speechbubble reset

&overlay EYE TOP create
&overlay EYE TOP shifts to -41 -45 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay EYE TOP scales to 1.538 1.538 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay EYE TOP moves to layer 4
&overlay EYE TOP opacity 1 in 0

&overlay EYE BOTTOM create
&overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -63 -27 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay EYE BOTTOM scales to 1.538 1.538 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay EYE BOTTOM moves to layer 3
&overlay EYE BOTTOM opacity 1 in 0

@pause for 0.2

&overlay EYE TOP shifts to -41 -24 in zone 1 in 0.5 using easeout then overlay EYE TOP shifts to -41 130 in zone 1 in 2.5 then overlay EYE TOP shifts to -41 -24 in zone 1 in 0.5 then overlay EYE TOP shifts to -41 -37 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easeout loop infinite times

&overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -63 -37 in zone 1 in 0.5 using easeout then overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -63 -190 in zone 1 in 2.5 then overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -63 -37 in zone 1 in 0.5 then overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -63 -12 in zone 1 in 2.5 using easeout loop infinite times

@pause for 15.5

Feel free to put the code in your story and test it out. Play around with the code, make changes, aim for a smooth effect. Overlays here:

Names:

EYE TOP
EYE BOTTOM

The names are also in the pictures

Here is my script: BACKGROUND with EYE BOTTOM shifts to -14 -72 in zone 2 in 2 using easeout AND overlay EYE TOP shifts to 0 154 in zone 2 in 2 using easeout @overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -28 -14 in 2 using easeout AND overlay EYE TOP shifts to -4 65 in 2 using easeout

And thank you sm for the overlays! I tried making my own for the animation but they didn’t turn out as good as I wanted lol.

So you’re not supposed to add it to the background name like that. There are two ways to place your overlay, and that’s with the background name or using the create command (and opacity to make it visible). To see how they work, check out:

@overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -14 -72 in zone 2 in 2 using easeout AND overlay EYE TOP shifts to 0 154 in zone 2 in 2 using easeout

@overlay EYE BOTTOM shifts to -28 -14 in zone 2 in 2 using easeout AND overlay EYE TOP shifts to -4 65 in in zone 2 in 2 using easeout

Both of these commands would be on separate lines and not with the background name (but first make sure your overlay exists in your scene using the create + opacity command or putting it with the background name). Also make sure to specify the zone otherwise it defaults to zone 1 (if you’re in zone 1, then no need to write in zone 1 (although I prefer doing this haha))

1 Like

Ooooh, okay!! That makes so much more sense. Thank you sm and you’re awesome! :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.