What's the maximum amount of lines we can use each chapter?

I’m revamping my story and I have a lot of advanced coding and I’m using a ton of overlays. So I’m just wondering if anyone knows what the maximum amount of lines we can use for each chapter is? LMK :relaxed:

1 Like

Don’t think there’s a limit at all. I’ve gone up to 20k lines before in a single chapter

1 Like

I don’t know but I have heard when you get past a certain amount it slows down the portal (even more than it already is).

1 Like

yeah it does! I have a scene with 8k+ lines and it literally takes 5 minutes for it to load it every time i want to preview it…it’s so annoying :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

got it, thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

Somewhere between 20,000-30,000

4 Likes

got it, Thanks Dara :blush:

I’ve heard it was 80k. The longest chapter I have is 46k

I guess it just depends on each individual script and the complexity of the coding? I’ve tested this many times (most times by just having “pause for a beat” repeated over and over again lol) and it never lets me get past 30K lines. Just last week I had a bunch of my visual CC templates crammed into one episode and the script gave me an error at 22K lines saying my script was too long. :woman_shrugging:

I don’t know.
I was constantly getting the “your script is too long” error after about 40k but I would reload and keep going.
I like having each person on their own line. So my script is spread out more than some people I know.
And I have extra lines with notes to keep my branching and points organised.
I don’t know of that makes a difference.
Maybe it’s not so much the number of lines but the complexity of the individual lines?

1 Like

omg 46k lines? I cant even imagine to be willing to create something so long…unless its because it has CC for 40 characters. :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol. Yes. Episode released the new features so there are 9 character cc in this one.

1 Like

One of my chapters has about 70k lines and it saves fine… i mean it took like 50 tries but it saved :sneezing_face: i feel like the max is somewhere in the 80k range but i’m not sure

OMG 80K??? :exploding_head: that’s insane hahaha
What’s your story called? I’m curious to read it now :grin:

1 Like

The Florist! I have like 9 branches with full CC for 8 characters every chapter… so the lines of code sort of match up with what’s to be expected LOL

1 Like

aww gotcha! that’s sooo much work :sweat_smile: I’ll check it out tho :star_struck:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.