What's the most exotic thing yoou ever ate?

Hmm… It’s hard to pick the most exotic food I’ve eaten, but here are some things I’ve tried:

Sundae - Korean Blood Sausage (also ate in a stew)
Dalkbal - Chicken feet
Jokbal -pig’s feet
꼼장어구이 - I struggle to romanise this. It’s a kind of grilled eel, but it’s the only eel I’ve eaten and not liked lol.
Ganjang gejang - Marinated raw crab? Soooo good, honestly, my favourite thing on this list.
Haggis
Black pudding (also blood sausage)
Dutch pickled herring
Ox tongue

And when I was a kid, my parent made me try crocodile and bison.

For reference, I live in Europe but have previously lived in South Korea.

4 Likes

Hmmm liver lol I like them

Once I eat octopus I still regret :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’ve had raw octopus as well as raw lobster, both of which I was terrified to eat but turned out to be good. Also, pickled cactus was pretty exotic at the time as well.

2 Likes

Iguana. And I actually liked it.

3 Likes

:dizzy_face:

Haha. Iguana is a very popular food in the Netherlands Antilles. I have visited these islands a few times. There are so many iguanas so it’s a relatively cheap food source.
It tastes a bit like chicken. Only the structure of the meat is a bit different.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll try it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Right so never mind what I said before :joy:

Ate a quail egg yesterday :joy:

(Vomited the heck out of me btw)

2 Likes

Ooh durian :eyes: I’ve heard about that fruit, how is it? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The smell is horrendous but it’s actually pretty good. My mom loves it! Not everyone likes it though lol

3 Likes

Lol I can imagine that. I bet you and your mom are probably used to it by now :joy: I’ve never smelled it before, is it really that bad? :eyes::skull:

2 Likes

We haven’t had it in years, so I don’t think I can ever be used to it lol. I mean if you google it, pretty much everyone will say the smell is foul. It only smells when you open the fruit

3 Likes

Oh interesting! I mean it’s probably more normal to you than it is to me so :joy:
And it’s weird, most fruit smells really nice! Clearly not durian tho :skull:

lol I’m still curious about it, do you mind if we pm? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had crickets too.

1 Like

I’ve had a quail egg once from a Brazilian restaurant. Do not recommend.

2 Likes

i think the most exotic thing i’ve ever eaten is cow’s tongue. i was 6 and at a friends house, it was given to me as a taco and i remember liking it?? lol.

2 Likes

I eat venison all the time! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

:neutral_face: :exploding_head:

1 Like

it’s chef’s kiss

2 Likes

How did it taste like? I’m curious :sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes