What's your favorite thing about writing? And what's your favorite character in your story and why? It can be good or bad characters

bump

I like the fact that I know what is going to happen in the story but the reader doesn’t :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: lol. They can’t skip either in Episodes.

2 Likes

bump

@aliserose I agree.
I open up my mind and I let out all my ideas to new friends and more.

1 Like

Before, Check out me and @Stars story. Kylie & Lisa.

My favorite thing about writing is about how you give all your ideas to the world and show what you do best. People mostly give credit at the end of the episode and I’m trying to see how to code more better each day.

I’m good at typing. Seriously, My sister told my cousins that I type real good.
So, I was wondering so much things before I get to a original, but good story.

1 Like

bump

bump!!!

Ama control freak so creating everything to my liking is the core reason why I write. I have a lot of creative drive which I have to get out of my system - I have to create something at least once a day to feel inner peace, so when I’m not drawing, designing, “photoshopping” I write. It also helps with my workaholic problem, since I channel my own anxious self into something positive.

Also, I love it when people see/read something I did and they enjoy it. It gives me purpose and inspiration to keep going :facepunch:t2:

I cannot answer rn which character is my favorite since my story is not out yet (I’m finishing it and publishing soon!) but there’s one I have a soft spot, for sure.

2 Likes

My favorite thing about writing is the fact that you can write anything. With a monitor and a keyboard (or with a paper and pencil), you can create anything you’d like as long as you’re willing to put the time and effort into it. There’s something beautiful about that.

My personal favourite part of writing is outlining. I tend to get very into certain aspects of it and there are many times when it tends to write itself, and it’s very nice when that happens.

I have quite a few characters that I’ve already fallen in love with in my WIP, but I think one of my favourites might be Eleanor Reer. She’s a deeply troubled woman, although you wouldn’t guess that from her gentle, reserved demeanor. Comparing her in early chapters vs. late chapters and everything in between is really fun, and I’ve enjoyed writing everything she’s done and establishing the two very different sides of her character.

My other favourite is Cricket, who’s well known for her ridiculous height, love of bugs and overly-cheerful mortician parents. She’s just a fun character to write because she does whatever she wants, whenever she wants (no matter how much it might bite her in the ass later on) with no real fears. She’s perfectly happy and confident with herself, and it’s very nice to have a character that’s free-spirited and easygoing, especially as things begin to come a little less normal in her hometown.

1 Like

I like fun characters too

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

My favorite thing about writing is the control I have over creating my own world to share.

My favorite character of mine is Taron Credence/Lukian Kuznetsov because to me, he’s got all of the desirable and unproblematic attributes of a “bad boy” as well as the desirable attributes of a decent male LI who respects boundaries, knows consent, has a sense of morals and holds his education as important. He’s also highly sarcastic and entertaining. Another reason why I like him so much is because of his appearance, I made him a 6 ft 11 freckled redhead and I’ve done plenty of research on writing his height accurately in accordance with the world around him. He’s written to be a mixture of a bad boy and non-bad boy and mocks the generic ones alongside the female lead.

I also love the versatility that comes with writing him, I can use him for comic relief, moral guidance, sad scenes, serious scenes, heated scenes etc. His character allows me to fit him into all of them.

3 Likes

My favorite thing abt writing is creating another world I can project into. You know, whether I’m writing abt an astronaut exploring an alien planet or a witch developing magical skills, I’m there in those worlds that I created in my imagination. Writing brings it all to life.

My favorite character in one of my stories (it’s not an Episode story) is this little boy with a bionic leg who lives in this dystopian future. His bionic leg is a bit shorter than his other leg, so he walks with a limp. He’s also a runaway. I love his character development and personality wayyy more than the main protagonist’s :sweat_smile:. Sometimes I think abt rewriting the story to make him the main character, but unfortunately, he works better as a major side character instead. Needless to say, I would die for him-- he deserves the world. Too bad he has to die :pensive:

1 Like

My favorite part about writing is bringing characters to life that previously only existed in my imagination. From choosing their looks, their personal style, and their likes and dislikes to placing them in situations that occur to me, character creation is everything. I love discussing them with other people and reading how others react to them and feel about them, as if they were my friends and family.

My favorite character in the story I’m writing now is my LI, Eduardo. I don’t write LIs just for the sake of writing one, so whenever I do create an LI, I really go all out. Eduardo is a sensitive, creative soul with a kind heart. I don’t want to spoil too much of my upcoming story, but he’s a sweet boy that I hope my readers empathize with. I also love the MC, Ellie and her two little brothers. Her brothers are based on my nephews, and since they live far away, writing their dialogues and seeing them in Episode form makes them feel closer to me.

1 Like

Bump

I like creating different plots, characters, and summaries.