What's your opinion? - kids in stories

Omg…
Is it just me who HATES story’s with kids.

I mean who likes it… The main get pregnant and what’s going to happen next? NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING.

soooo boring!

What do you think?!

7 Likes

I don’t mind really, they pretty much appear at the end of the story so it’s fine but it would be cool to see a story where they have a child in the middle of it. Anyways, they are okay.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s good that they have the kids at the end because then I can skip the last part but still I wanna read the whole story

2 Likes

I loathe pregnancy stories on Episode, but I don’t mind when the MC or someone else who is close to MC has a kid.

3 Likes

I don’t mind stories with kids (:

1 Like

Exactly it’s fine when someone else is pregnant or have kids but it’s boring when the Mc is pregnant or have kids

Well that’s good then because nearly in all stories the Mc gets prego

What I actually don’t like, it’s how all mcs never plan to have a child :unamused:

6 Likes

… hahhahaha :grin:

I completely agree! It’s an overused “plot twist”, or used to give the story “happily ever after” which imo is kinda of a lame way out. It’s drama without the effort of actually having to create and write conflict and I am not a fan of it! Personally. I know some do :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Tbh kids in stories r such babies. ‘Mammy I WANT ICE CREAM!!’ screams the twelve yr old. That’s not how children r… even 5 yr olds don’t behave like that. Authors r weird like that, making kids like tiny bby’s when they’re 14. But, I guess I’m glad we don’t see much from kids in most stories bc it’s weird seeing a 1 yr old w breasts.

9 Likes

i dont mind kids at the end of the story but i dont like if mc gets pregnant qt the beginning

1 Like

Hahahaha so true!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the worst!

1 Like

I don’t mind it because I’m close to children in my daily life but in stories when they have unexpected pregnancies or have children in the end it just like “omg here we go again” I like some stories that have children but others I’m like “why can’t just live their life a little”

2 Likes

Yeah it’s always unexpected pregnancies. I think that they make the story so that the happy ending need to be with kids because if it’s not with kids, it’s not a happy ending! HAPPY ENDINGS CAN BE WITHOUT KIDS, FOLKS!

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

I’ve got to say most stories with kids haven’t bothered me (as the oldest episode reader alive and a parent) unless as someone stated before they are portrayed unrealistically (e.g. an 8yo acting like a 4yo because the writer has never seen an actual child). Onlyyyyy now someone pointed out the female children have breasts and tbh I never really “noticed” even though the “children” are shrunken adults…so now I can’t unsee the children with boobs…y’all. I can’t rn. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I do wish they would make child body types and more face shapes, hairstyles, etc. So it would be more organic to integrate children into stories where they could provide plot or character support or development.

3 Likes

Bump! Yeah that’s needed!

I cant unsee the children with boobs

Hahaha true though… I didn’t think of it before either!