What's your opinion this Early Access? Do you like or dislike it?

Yes, itā€™s such a shame. We never have to pay gems just read chapter.

Well, I think authors should be able to choose, just like they can choose from options of how many gems they charge in a gem choice (5, 8, 12 etc, with a cap of course because it wouldnā€™t be fair for authors to charge too much). Itā€™d be good if authors could choose to change it from 7 days to 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1.

Personally, I would charge 5 gems for early access (because 5 is the lowest we can charge in gem choices) and change the wait time anywhere between 1-5 days depending on the chapter. :thinking:

1 Like

Never come across it but as a Webtoon reader I really donā€™t mind. Itā€™s not that bad and tragic as people make it seem. You just need to wait, thatā€™s all :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I agree with you. 5 gems is good and reasonable price for early access and allowing the author to change the time to wait is useful. As well as the option to change the gem cost and wait times is better too, I agree with that too.

1 Like

Yeah I am going to start waiting until the chapter with ads is out, but while waiting I can just read other stories.

2 Likes

:nerd_face: First step to potential change:

3 Likes

Definitely supporting thisšŸ° This could make the early access way better and this should be the first step!

1 Like

Itā€™s not only bad for the readers, but the authors too. I recently published my 4th chapter WHICH I PROMISED EVERYONE WOULD BE READY. I advertised and everything, then I go to the app and it says itā€™s under early access. Apparently I accidentally added it and you canā€™t remove it!! Iā€™m so frustrated because this will not be good for me. :sweat:

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that. Thatā€™s another worst thing about early access if you accidentally added it, you canā€™t remove it. Itā€™s just the worst!

1 Like

I think itā€™s stupid. I rather just wait a few more days.

6 Likes

Yes I agree with you. Itā€™s stupid and unnecessary, and I rather wait. Nobody wants to waste their gems just to read the chapter of a story. A well as we literally get those terrible and expensive gem thrown at us to get a outfit or a bouns scene, and now we have to deal with this!? Wow, thanks a lot Episode :grinning: you have just making 2021 a bad year for us Episode users!

7 Likes

I hate it and Iā€™m not paying for it like ever. :rage: There are enough stories to read so I can wait for 6 days.
I prefer to support authors with ā€œsupport the authorā€ option. :innocent:

5 Likes

Neutral. I donā€™t dislike it but that doesnā€™t mean I like it. The reason I personally donā€™t care is probably because I donā€™t tend to read chapters when they are released any more and most authors I follow release at least one free chapter so that is good enough for me. I donā€™t get why people are angry with it but I respect their opinions. :woman_shrugging: I have never considered myself as a necessarily patient person but compared to others it seems as though I am. :face_with_monocle: I have only had it pop up on me once or twice so maybe thatā€™s why it doesnā€™t fustrate me but I donā€™t hate gem choices in general so that could also be why. :thinking:

3 Likes

I mean, what choice do the authors have? I hate that reads r attacking authors abt this bc they just want their story to do well, whatā€™s so wrong w that? Anyway, Iā€™d prefer wait a bit in order to read the story than the author add gems choices to select certain paths in the story line or to b able to view art scenes. Early access is much better than that, u just have to b a lil patient. Imo, episode takes the blame here, not the authors. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Well I agree you and I respect your opinion. It also be a good idea if authors could make some chapters/episodes free and some on early access.

A lot of authors have done that. :face_with_monocle: But I guess that must just be the ones I follow.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe.

This is daylight burglary :expressionless:
Why the heck u gonna charge ppl for an episode which is free to readšŸ˜‘
I remember a story which ended yet there was no completed tag in that story. So I was like prolly author gonna make 1last chapter wit how MC ended up wit one of the LI n there will be a glimpse of her future.

As usual within few days there was something like this - Pay 8 gems to get early access.
Luckily I didnā€™t n when I finally saw what the chapter was I was so much relieved that I didnā€™t wasted my gems. It was a collection of few scenes of that story. Thatā€™s it. What type of stupidity is this?
U want us to waste gems for thatšŸ¤¦

6 Likes

It reminds me of patreon, how some creators let patrons have early access to whatever they produce. Compared to that, the price and wait time is a bit skewed on the high side. If it was like, one gem for six days or five for one day, that would be a bit more comparable.

2 Likes