When adults are stuck in a child like state of mind?

Is there a “disorder” that leaves ppl in a child like state of mind?

I mean like in such a way that a tramtic experience has happened while they were little and has locked that person mentally in the age before the event happened.

Sorry if that sounds werid/vague.

I’ve only ever heard of developmental disorders that keep people from maturing emotionally :thinking: Also people who have been in comas for so long, when they wake up, they still have a mentality of a child. Hope this helps? Lol.

3 Likes

There’s dissociative identity disorder (DID)

It isn’t really someone stuck in a child like state of mind but there are cases of people having alters that are a child. Researching it is pretty interesting and has a lot of depth into it

4 Likes

Yes, like have you seen the movie “Split” its about a guy with that disorder and he has so many personalites like ones 13 and one of them which why they made it into a movie, is like a killer. So… I never watched I really do but idk

1 Like

Yes I have seen Split, it’s a favourite of mine. But I wouldn’t really associate with DID in real life

2 Likes

Yeah, but like you know you kind of get the idea of what it is

1 Like

It’s called bring emotionally stunted but beyond that there is no real medical term for it that I know of

2 Likes

Thank you all for your help!:heart:

Regression is only thing i can think of. Which is like the mind getting trapped in tht time period in this case a childlike mindset caused by trauma or stress

3 Likes

There is a term called Peter Pan Syndrome for adults who refuse to mature, if that helps. :wink:

2 Likes

Following on from those who discussed DID that may mean some sufferers have alters that can be children, here’s a link to a documentary of a lady who has DID and has an alter which is a three year old. In the video you can see both alters and she describes what it is like to live with DID. :wink:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=woman+with+different+personalities+has+a+3+year+old+alter+minnie&&view=detail&mid=7369714E6E17256E83717369714E6E17256E8371&&FORM=VRDGAR

2 Likes

Bump

bump

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.