When does a story get reviewed by Episode?

Hello dear Episodians,
I was wondering if there’s any particular number of reads after which Episode reviews your story and it can trend better? I see that the stories by well-known authors get reviewed within 1-2 days of publishing because you know they reach thousands of reads within hours, while the not-so-well-known authors have to wait for months to get reads and get reviewed.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if anything has changed since then, but I had found this while searching:

• Moving forward, any story that achieves a rank of 100 or better will automatically be reviewed.

It appears they only review the story once it reaches a rank of 100 or better and not until then. I’d been gone a while, but things seem very different now. It seems like there are far fewer community story readers. I’ve read that readers are only given 4 passes per day so that doesn’t help. Years ago I always had unlimited but that is gone also.

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Do you know if that rank is for the genre or for overall?

I believe it sounds like for the genre. This was 2019, so I’m not sure if that’s changed, but that seems to be the most updated post I’ve seen from the Episode team.

3 Likes

Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And for the passes-
You start with 2 passes, you have to complete a certain number of chapters of Episode originals (35 most probably, I’m not sure) or pay 17 gems to unlock the full catalogue. And only after completing a certain number of chapters you start to get 4 passes a day. I started reading in 2017, back then life on Episode was easier Haha

3 Likes

Yeah I had no idea. Hmm. I don’t know. I remember once I was ready to quit when I first downloaded the app and someone was like ‘Go read community stories’ -I had no idea they existed then, but I was happily hooked after that lol.

1 Like

My story only got reviewed after hitting 101 on the rank multiple times over different weeks, so it took me over a month of that before I got a review. The system doesn’t let the story rank over 101 until it gets reviewed, so if you keep hitting that mark multiple times at some point they’ll notice the story and review it. My tip is doing g4g (not just r4r because that doesn’t help that much) because it’ll help hitting a high rank faster. It’s mostly about ranks rather than reads, so gem options help more than reads (ofc if your story gets a bunch of reads over a short amount of time it’ll get a high rank, but gems are faster)

4 Likes

Episode reviews your story when it hits the top 100 in its genre. When this happens, on your end you’ll see your rank displayed as 101.

In my experience, the time it takes for them to review your story varies quite a bit. For context, both of my stories hit top 100 when I had 4-5 chapters out.

For my first story, I had only noticed once that its rank was 101 before getting the email that it had been reviewed. For my second story, I noticed it had hit 101 like 10+ times over a couple of weeks before I finally got the email.

So… it depends. But once you see that 101 genre ranking it means your story will be queued for review!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing the info with me. :heart:

Thanks a bunch for explaining everything in detail. :heart:

1 Like

I was lucky enough to be reviewed four days after publishing and what I think helped me was my ranking and G4G. After publishing I agreed to at least 10-15 R4Rs and a few G4Gs. Most of the time during the day my rank in my genre was 103-109. Aside from that, my ranking overall was once stuck on 1001. Overall, I’d recommend R4R, G4G, and a lot of promotion, shoutout, reviews, and time.

2 Likes

Great advice!

1 Like

Ahh, yes. Thank you for the information. Let’s hope for the best now. :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.