When should I publish my story?

So I have seen lots of people post their story and add more chapters later. Should I do this or publish it when it is completely finished? Which one is better?

I’d publish in batches (release 3-5 at once) and then release around an episode or two per week.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s similar to what I do. Either release a batch, or publish an episode each week. I usually do an episode each week, depends on how I’m feeling lol.

2 Likes

I published mine when It was completely finished. Its upto you what you prefer. But for me this was a lot easier, instead of R4R’s and trying to write the next chapter, all at the same time :grinning::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

How many chapters are you planning your story to be? In general, I think posting 3-5 initially and then updating regularly is best. I’m planning on completely writing my next story before publishing and then updating weekly (possibly double updates).

1 Like

There is some confusion regarding this, from what I’ve seen. I know some authors like to post a single chapter and lock the 2nd and 3rd, but that’s not allowed.

You need 3 chapters to publish on the app. Whenever we come across those 1 Chapter stories they get suspended from the ranks until it’s fully published with at least 3 chapters. (Something that is negative to an author’s reader retention.)

6 Likes

Finish the whole story or half of it, if you can. Then you can do weekly updates and get a better ranking. Stonks :chart_with_upwards_trend: