Where are all my fellow Whovians?

Doctor Who is my all time favourite television show. It got me into loving not only sci-fi but fantasy too. So I wanted to see who out there loves the show as well.

A bit about me, I am a proud Brit, born and bred in England (and it is actually our patron saints day today as I write this) and I am a university graduate. However, I am going back to university in September to do my PGCE to become a primary school teacher (ages 5-11 for non Brits). Anyway, when I was really young the show was not around, but when it came back I was 11. That first episode Rose really caught my imagination, I loved the adventure of it and I’ve not turned back. My personal favourite Doctor was David Tennant, but I have loved them all. When I get asked what my favourite episode is I can never decide, so I usually end up picking 1 episode out of every series, here is that list:

1. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
  2. School Reunion
  3. The Shakespeare Code
  4. The Stolen Earth/Journey’s End
  5. The Beast Below
  6. Let’s Kill Hitler
  7. Dinosaurs on A Spaceship
  8. Mummy on the Orient Express
  9. Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
  10. Knock Knock
  11. Rosa
  12. Fugitive of the Judoon

I also want to give a mention here to the special episodes The End of Time, The Day of the Doctor and Revolution of the Daleks which I also loved.

I also have my favourite quotes from the show but that list is far too long to think about listing.

Anyway, who out there is a fan of the show too? I would love to talk to you about it :smiley:

4 Likes

HELLO!! FELLOW WHOVIAN HERE!

First of all, the Empty Child is literally the BEST episode of all time. David Tennant is the BEST doctor of all time. Rose is the BEST companion of all time. No one can change my mind :pray:

1 Like

YES!!! The Doctor in the TARDIS with Rose Tyler is the BEST. I also loved; The Christmas Invasion, New Earth and The Girl in the Fireplace.

1 Like

But I also loved the bit in Tooth and Claw where they bet on trying to get Queen Victoria to say “I am not amused” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yesss those French android thingies were so cool!!

1 Like

Yeah that was funny :joy:

1 Like

Hi! I have seen all of the series since Christopher Eccleson was the Doctor, I have seen all of the episodes at least once because I used to watch the Peter Capaldi ones with my dad before we decided to go back to the ninth doctor. I must say, I get scared quite easily by them and prefer the older ones where the monsters are generally less realistic. The ones that you put for your favourites are actually some of the ones I can never, and will never watch again :joy:. The Mummy on the Orient Express and the Empty child are the ones that scare me the most. I don’t get scared by the weeping angels that much though :joy: I did love Rose, and the episodes with the Sliveen (don’t know if I’m spelling that correctly!)

If I had to rank the doctors this would be it( they’re quite unpopular opinions but I stick by my decisions)

Doctors
  1. David Tennant - the OG doctor for me, he definitely portrayed him well. Donna and the Doctor were ICONIC )
  2. Christopher Eccleston - very funny, good duo, not too serious
  3. Matt Smith - personally I think he droned on a little, bit odd, but I’m not too fond of Amy so that could be a contributing factor. Did like him with Clara though.
  4. Peter Capaldi - Good, just not the best. The monsters were quite scary, him and Clara were good, Bill not so much (not bill as a character, I just don’t think they were an awesome duo)
  5. Jodie Whittaker - She is an amazing actor and I love that the doctor is a woman currently I just think her doctor is a bit chaotic, never explains and isn’t as funny. There’s too many companions too.

The assistants/ companions rankings: (please don’t hate me for this :joy:)

Assistants
  1. Clara
  2. Martha
  3. Rose
  4. Donna
  5. Bill (edited)
  6. Yas
  7. Graham
  8. Ryan
    8.Amy.

I don’t like Amy for some reason :joy:

David Tennant and Rose are the best duo. Period.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I was scared by the weeping angels, not so much in Blink but in that 2 parter with River Song. The Silence were also creepy and the peg dolls, their song freaked me out.

1 Like

Do you remember Fugitive of the Judoon? It, Revolution of the Daleks and Rosa are defo my favourite Jodie episodes. But that moment when you hear Jack’s voice off screen. I remember saying to my mom “OH MY GOD! I know that voice!” And then he appeared and I literally screamed out loud. It was BRILLIANT!!!

1 Like

Captain Jack should have his own series :joy:

1 Like

He did, its called Torchwood.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind Amy. I usually like all the companions unless something specific happens that obviously isn’t okay. I guess I was kinda weirded out when she tried to make out with the doctor :joy:

But Rose and Martha are definitely my favorite companions

1 Like

I had the biggest crush on captain Jack in the Empty Child episodes :joy:

The weeping angels honestly didn’t scare me.
I was kinda reluctant to watch it because my older brother said they were terrifying, but it actually didn’t affect me. The idea and concept of them is freaky though.
Technically all the concepts in doctor who are scary :joy:

2 Likes

Love doctor who!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I said they freaked me out a bit more in the River Song 2 parter, they were more creepy in that as opposed to Blink imo.

Were there any aliens/monsters that did freak you out, as above it was the Silence and the Peg Dolls for me.

1 Like

Like @CrimsonCat6 I generally like all the doctors and companions. I think the thing about Amy’s era on the show is that her stories were sometimes a bit complicated so they were a little hard to follow occasionally (and I don’t mean individual episodes were complicated, I mean her overall arc on the show).

As for Jodie, I really like her. One thing that works in her favour is that the showrunner for Doctor Who used to be the showrunner on Broadchurch. So they know each other and Chris knows how far he can push Jodie.

Also, in your companion list: What about Bill (Pearl Mackie)?

What’s your favourite episode?

1 Like

Oops, I forgot her! She’s probably my number 5 after Donna. I do like her and her character was great but I hated her ending - it was too sad for me, especially as she didn’t know what had happened. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Agreed. I really liked her and Nardole.

1 Like