Where did you get inspiration for your story?

Hi everyone! A few of my readers asked me where the idea for my story came from, so I thought it would be fun to share a thread of where your inspiration came from! Let us know below where you dreamed up the plot for your story :slight_smile:

My story Magicka: The Shaper of Destiny came to me while I was driving my car. I was thinking about car accidents (morbid to think about while driving, I know), and how the cars need to reach the intersection/hit each other at exactly the right time and place to have an awful accident happen. I started imagining that there were forces in the world nudging fate along to get people to that right place at the right time. Then I connected that idea to what I knew about the Fates from Greek Mythology, and The Shaper of Destiny was born! What about you? Where did your plot come from?

9 Likes

so my story magicka ethereal. I actually got the idea whil watching this trailer. I been working on it since. I was so happy to finally publish it for the contest

The story dosent copy the trailer at all. but I did make my MC look like her in it

2 Likes

The inspiration for my story The End came from a series of reoccurring dreams I had over the span of a few months. Naturally I felt pulled towards the main character since the concept of immortality and being an outsider was something I always thought about. It’s basically an alternative headspace for me that sometimes gets very dark. I’ve struggled with the story for a while which resulted in me not publishing it yet.

5 Likes

Miss Understood:

I was reading another story about a really spoiled rich girl that had the perfect life, so while I was reading it, a thought occurred to me:
What if this girl lost her privileges and had to get a job teaching spoiled brats, worse than her?
I’m a teacher, and I’ve worked with kids like that, so it was pretty easy to develop the personality of each of the kids. Some of the family dynamics are also inspired by my own relatives, and other parts are inspired by stories I’ve read in the past or events that have happened to me.

10 Likes

About my first story “the stars have color” I literally thought about the characters when I was in boring history lessons, the idea itself was inspired by fanfictions I liked to write, my second story “Quarantined” was inspired by… you know xD and my third upcoming story was inspired by the episode “white Christmas” from black mirror, although its really different I just really liked the idea of blocking ppl :flushed::joy:

6 Likes

Ouu this is such an intriguing trailer! I can totally get why it inspired you. I haven’t read your story yet but I’ll add it to my list :heart:

1 Like

I got inspiration from movies. I was watching some Marvel movies for the first time a few months ago when I got Disney+, and I didn’t like the movies at all. I didn’t like the actions scenes or how the characters had no consequences for their actions or didn’t think twice about killing someone. So, one day I decided that I would make a story that turns the superhero expectation inside out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, this sounds so interesting! Please let me know when you publish because I would love to check it out. Good luck with it!

I’m also jealous that you have such interesting dreams! Mine are always all over the place. Share some of that amazing subconscious with the rest of us, please :joy:

2 Likes

Ouuuu girl, I work with kids and teenagers as well so I totally know what you mean! Your story sounds amazing :heart:

1 Like

:joy: Will do if I ever get past the first chapter. Honestly the dream started off as a nightmare but then I started to see it from a different perspective and it just took of from there. I have an entire notebook filled with scenes for it.

3 Likes

Can I just say “The Stars Have Color” is such an intriguing title! That’s so beautiful!

I literally am obsessed with Black Mirror so that’s so cool. Let me know when you publish because I want to read it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so cool that you can take your nightmare and turn it into something amazing :heart: Not that I’m a pro or anything, but I love to help so you can always pop me a message if you want a second opinion on anything! You can do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you and I definitely will :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

thank you. I think I already have added yours to mine actually. I have added a lot from the magicka contest and havent had time to read others than r4r stories.

1 Like

Yes I totally feel that! We can totally do a R4R if you’re interested! Just pop me a message :smile:

1 Like

My story is called The Wrong End of the Spectrum and no, it isn’t published yet haha. The idea came from a character from Grey’s Anatomy.

SPOILER ALERT
Callie has always been straight but later on, she discovers that she’s actually bi.

It’s obviously not the same story but I was just thinking about the struggles and the journey that one had to go through. It’s just a reminder to yk accept yourself/others.

Wow that was unnecessarily cheesy haha

4 Likes

My unpublished story, “The Witch of Blackwell”, which I’ve been working on sooo intensely this quarantine (sooo close to finishing my first long ass Episode btw)!! :joy: :joy: Was inspired, partially, by my favourite movie, Pirates of the Caribbean. I’ve always been fascinated with pirates/historical timeline settings, so, inevitably, I thought how awesome would it be to create a Historical/Adventure story that incorporates some Fantasy elements! One of my favourite stories on Episode, “Eclipsis”, motivated me to create something that was based in the past too!! :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome to the threads! Also that story sounds cool!

1 Like

Haha glad to be here! Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The inspiration for my story, Snapshot, is a mash of things. I would say I got most of it from the idea of reality tv and murder mysteries. I also was watching one of my favorite YouTubers playing Slumber Party. I felt inspired and I thought about making an Episode based on like a sort of murder party where the characters dress up in costumes and meet at a mansion/frat house in the middle of nowhere. Whodunnits always intrigue me, and I like the thought of creating a more interactive murder mystery with different outcomes and maybe even some different killers.

4 Likes