Where did you learn how to use Procreate?

I have Procreate, I don’t have an Apple Pencil yet. I usually find it really easy to make art on ibis Paint, but I find Procreate so hard ?! There’s no blur tool, and smudging is so damn hard without feeling like you’re just making a gloop of the whole piece :rofl: where did you guys learn how to use Procreate?

2 Likes

I don’t have Procreate, but I think you can easily find tutorial on YouTube. Search: how to use Procreate for beginners or something. I hope it helped hahaha:)

1 Like

i use procreate and i started on ibis paint x.

after finding my style, using a soft airbrush with different sizes helps get the right amount of shading no matter where it is on the piece. I ONLY use a single airbrush for all shading then a glitter airbrush for highlighting since that’s my style.

Although if you did want to use blurring tools then you can use Gaussian blur or download someone’s blend brush and use them while using the smudge section instead of the painting brushes on the top right.

1 Like

The tutorials I’ve found are always how to turn a photograph into a cartoon by tracing, never really how to paint each feature from scratch :weary:

Oooh, sorry if I wasn’t of much help :pleading_face: :black_heart:

1 Like

I’ve tried using the Airbrush before but I still feel like it comes on too strong for some reason… probably bc I don’t have the Apple Pencil ? I have no idea

Thank you though :grin: i’ll definitely try out Gaussian blur

1 Like

its fine dw :rofl: :heart: I appreciate it x

1 Like

yes it works best with the pencil :)) that’s why it’s said to use procreate with one rather than ur fingers

1 Like

I’ll have to buy one soon then :rofl: thank you

1 Like

of course! happy to help

1 Like

I don’t use procreate but I know there are a lot of procreate artist on instagram that have some speed paints and tutorials available on their profile.

1 Like

Procreate was my first art program, I use airbrush to blend nowadays since the smudging stool doesn’t work and too well. You just need to find the right brush, having pen pressure gives you an advantage since you don’t have to adjust the bar as much, but adjusting the opacity and size frequently really helps.

2 Likes

That’s cool, could you drop some usernames?:grin:

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ll try out what you suggested

1 Like

Sure.Here are a few procreate artist I remember so far:

@lil.milkyskin (I don’t adore her newer post but her older posts are on fire)

@kristyp_howidraw - she has tutorials available

@unallay - she has pure talent

@mystery.artistz - lol that’s me.I don’t use procreate but if you like my work you can follow me. (I might do some tiny tutorials when I get some extra free time)

Also if you follow the above artist and like their work, instagram is eventually going to put more procreate artist recommendations on your explore feed.Hope this helps.

1 Like

thank you!! I really appreciate it :grinning:

1 Like